Change Genre Icons

eNoize

eNoize

Apologies if this has already been answered, but if there's a previous discussion that answers my query, please direct to me it. I'm trying to figure out how to change the genre icons from the generic color boxes. Can I make these change in the metadata or cache folder? If so, how? Thanks for any help.

The screengrab is what I currently see, and I want to personalize them with my own pics. 

post-39478-0-16567100-1490547255_thumb.png

Happy2Play

What client is that, Theater?  I don't think you can edit those images yet in Theater, and the web client currently no long has that view.  Emby use to automatically populate those folder images form GitHub.

Have you tried right Refresh the Genre?

You can manually put folder and landscape image in each genre folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\Genre". 

eNoize

Yeah, sorry, that is Theater. I set up a Genre folder in metadata earlier today, but that doesn't seem help. I also tried Edit Images, but the response was that the feature was not yet available. Hopefully, the next update can make it possible. 

*EDIT*

Right-click Refresh and check box "Replace existing images" actually worked! Now, I need to see if the landscape pics show up. 

Thanks, Happy2Play

• 1 year later...

What client is that, Theater?  I don't think you can edit those images yet in Theater, and the web client currently no long has that view.  Emby use to automatically populate those folder images form GitHub.

Have you tried right Refresh the Genre?

You can manually put folder and landscape image in each genre folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\Genre".

I was also wondering about this i can change the genre in my music library and it gives me the view which shows all genres with the default 4 pic cluster on the emby server as seen below but for some reason it won't give me the same view to edit/change genres for my movie(s) library as seen below. How can i change the view to look like the music genre so i can edit the genre pics for the movies?

I also added a Genre folder using the same path as the music genre folder which i also attached below and can be seen above the MusicGenre Folder (which works and shows) but it will not show for the movies library on the server or on my roku (on the roku i have the 4 pic cluster for the genre but i can't see it on the server to change the images) using chrome for browser.

Thank you for helping me with this.

post-392507-0-86070400-1547082955_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-41366700-1547082965_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-36424000-1547082987_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-00075400-1547083006_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-49891200-1547083203_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

I was also wondering about this i can change the genre in my music library and it gives me the view which shows all genres with the default 4 pic cluster on the emby server as seen below but for some reason it won't give me the same view to edit/change genres for my movie(s) library as seen below. How can i change the view to look like the music genre so i can edit the genre pics for the movies?

I also added a Genre folder using the same path as the music genre folder which i also attached below and can be seen above the MusicGenre Folder (which works and shows) but it will not show for the movies library on the server or on my roku (on the roku i have the 4 pic cluster for the genre but i can't see it on the server to change the images) using chrome for browser.

Thank you for helping me with this.

This change is in the beta release you have to wait for the next server release, it should be in the next couple days.  Or change to the beta branch.

This change is in the beta release you have to wait for the next server release, it should be in the next couple days.  Or change to the beta branch.

OK thanks for the info Happy2Play