Playable formats

deaerator

deaerator

Curious if the Windows 8.1 app is supposed to play the same formats as media browser theatre.

I am having trouble with the 8.1 being able to play some mkv with dts hd ma track and a couple of blu ray rips. 

Logos302

It's hard to answer with out more details,as this app run on windowsrt as we'll, and it will some what depend on the codecs install on windows 8.x.

Curious if the Windows 8.1 app is supposed to play the same formats as media browser theatre.

I am having trouble with the 8.1 being able to play some mkv with dts hd ma track and a couple of blu ray rips. 

As far as I am aware, Windows Apps don't support bitstreaming which is the only reason I have never bothered trying the apps.

No idea why it's not supported :-(

Well I just downloaded the trial version to see, and it doesn't bitstream.

As far as I understood, it was a Windows App limitation rather than a limitation in that one app.

I like the tile though, so if I could get that somewhere to apply to my MBT tile that would be good :-p

Koleckai Silvestri

This may help: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/which-file-types-are-supported

Other brands of tablets will probably have the same limitations.

Seems that for best usage, you want to get your video into h.264 and your audio into AAC for tablets. For better media support on a desktop or laptop, use Media Browser Theater or Media Browser Classic.

Edited by Wayne Luke