TV Recording not showing up in "Recordings"

kmartinka

kmartinka

I am having a problem with TV recordings not showing up in any Emby client.  I can see the TV recordings in the specified folder on the hard drive, so I know the recordings have occurred.  My account is set to allow to view recordings.

Emby Server - version 3.2.7.0

Emby Theater Client - version 2.5.40

Roku Emby channel

Any suggestions?

Edited by kmartinka

Occasionally you might need to run a library scan, although we are working to make sure this isn't' required. But for now, please try that. Thanks !

kmartinka

I tried to perform a library scan, but unfortunately it did not help.  I have also updated to the latest(3.2.8.15) beta server to see if this would help and it did not.

I have tried on Windows client, Roku channel and web browser(I.E. and Firefox) and none of them do not show my recordings.  I did realize that all my recordings are a "series" based recordings.  Not sure if that helps.  Should i submit a log file? Do you recommend a clean and reinstall of the server?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

I forgot to mention that I have one last last minor issue.  I am unable to reset my password on one of the accounts.  The cursor spins forever and password will not reset.  This account is configured for Emby connect.

What is the folder structure of the recordings library? is the recordings folder added to emby library setup?

kmartinka

Here is an example path to a recorded TV episode.

"I:\Recorded TV\Series\Supernatural\Season 12\Supernatural S12E09 First Blood.mp4"

The "Recorded TV" directory is in the Library.

Hope this answers your questions.

Edited by kmartinka

In that case, you want to change it so that 

I:\Recorded TV\Series

Is the path added to library setup.

kmartinka

The interesting thing is I did not create "Series" directory.  I assumed that was created by the Emby server.  I setup "I:\Recorded TV" in "Default recording path:"  I did not setup a Series recording path as that is an option.

Here is another interesting note.  If I login Emby from Android, it has all my recordings in "Latest Recorded TV' on the Home tab, but not in the Recording in Live TV.

Edited by kmartinka

Yea but when Emby Server sets up that library, it uses the mixed content type. How it got forced to TV I am not sure.

kmartinka

Interesting.   I will recreate the folder in the Library with mixed content type and see if that fixes my issue.  If not, I will add the "I:\Recorded TV\Series" to the Library.

kmartinka

Unfortunately changing the content on Recorded TV to Unset did not resolve the issue.  Also adding "I:\Recorded TV\Series" to the library(performed a Scan Library) did not work as well.

I am out of ideas.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for the help.

kmartinka

Sorry, I missed your last reply.  I am not sure what you are asking when you say "Let us know how you get on?"  Do you mean logging into the Emby server?

What does "does not work" mean? What do you see in the Emby web app? Can you show some screenshots? thanks.

kmartinka

Well, I expected that my recordings would show up in Recordings section under Live TV, but maybe that is not the intent of that area. Could you clear this up for me?

But I am now seeing "Recorded TV" folder in the My Media section on the Home screen.  That is a positive.

kmartinka

I expected my recordings to show up in the area below.  Is this correct?

58dc175e006af_LiveTV_Recordings.png

Edited by kmartinka

In order for that to happen, you'd also need to set that as your recorded tv folder in live tv settings.

Guest asrequested

Here's how I have mine set. Three separate folders

58dc61992518b_Snapshot_564.jpg

Then in Live TV settings, I set three different recording paths (the drive letters are different because they are mapped)

58dc61f8ba75d_Snapshot_563.jpg

The server will create three different libraries.

58dc62629a398_Snapshot_565.jpg

My recordings then appear under 'Recordings' as well as the library

58dc632fa37e7_Snapshot_566.jpg

I hope this helps  :)

Edited by Doofus

kmartinka

Thanks for the suggestions, but I already have a similar setup.

Here is my live TV setup.

58dd27bd4284a_LiveTV_setup.png

Here is the Library entry that was created.

58dd27f18a776_Library_setup.png

Here is my Recordings in Live TV. (No recordings show up)

58dd281dad275_LiveTV_Recordings.png

But the recordings are showing up in my Recorded TV directory found on the Home page.

58dd290f7abfb_RecordedTVdirectory.png

I don't understand why it does not show up in Live TV Recordings.

Edited by kmartinka

Guest asrequested

That is a general place for everything you record. Try setting a path for recorded series, like I have. @@Luke, shouldn't they be in 'Recordings' in this instance?

kmartinka

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I have more information upon this issue. 

I tried to add a path for series and movies as suggested by Doofus, but that did not solve the problem.  Then I uninstalled Live TV plugin -> NextPVR version 3.0.6143.20454 and this FIXED the issue.  All my recordings are populated in 'Recordings'.  Then I reinstalled the same plugin and the problem returned.  Is this an issue with Emby or the author of the NextPVR plugin or me?

Emby Core. We are just not giving enough testing to simultaneous use of both built in live tv + external via plugin.