Where is a change log for new releases?

gleep52

Happy2Play

Since the only thing changing right now is the Beta branch there is only the release notes at link listed above.

gleep52

Well that seems kinda silly.  I'd like to know what to look for specifically, after updating to a new release... having the same release notes kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? :/

Koleckai Silvestri

When there is a stable release with new features, there is usually a blog post on this site. 

gleep52

But don't you agree that having a change log but not listing the changes that were made specifically to that build (especially beta) is a bit backwards thinking?

Well that seems kinda silly.  I'd like to know what to look for specifically, after updating to a new release... having the same release notes kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? :/

Hi @@gleep52. Stable releases are always announced on the blog. If you are taking the daily testing builds, then it is expected that you'll click over to github to see the release notes. To be honest, from what I gather based on your comments in other threads I think you are better off running the stable releases. Please keep in mind the target audience for the beta builds, they are designed for testers. That means people who want to help test, experiment, provide feedback, etc.

But don't you agree that having a change log but not listing the changes that were made specifically to that build (especially beta) is a bit backwards thinking?

If you click the link, the changes are right there in each release.

Koleckai Silvestri

What we have and what I would like are two different things. Github is the code repository and all commits can be seen there. You can drill down the source code if that would be beneficial. Probably isn't for most people.

gleep52

I think I'm looking for more information upon a release like Plex does with the "What's new" option next to each build update.  Not going through a bunch of clicks to find the changes... that'd be nice.  

I'm not sure why you don't think I'm ready for the betas.  Everything I do at home and work is cutting edge and beta usually.  I enjoy providing feedback and doing testing.  I do it for many apps on iOS with the test flight system which I have mentioned numerous times and gotten zero feedback from anyone about. 

Yes in-app release notes are something we'd like to do in the future. I apologize that you did not get feedback about test flight, but we do have a pinned topic in the iOS section about it:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28236-ios-beta-testing/

And we have also announced it on the blog in the past. Thanks !

• Like 1