MBC Theme issues - Slowness, stuttering and lock ups

ITGuyfromHELL

ITGuyfromHELL

MB Server version Version 3.0.5135.31685

Just downloaded and installed MBC last night 2-8-2014. (sorry, wife is watching a movie right now so I can't look at the exact version)

MBC running on a Core-2 Quad

4GB RAM

I keep switching back and forth from MB Theater to MB Classic. I love the look of the themes, ROC, Breeze, Aztec, etc, but they all perform so poorly for me. I experience stuttering when scrolling through the titles in my movies, sometimes it locks up and I have to close MBC. Other times it will sit on one screen for an extended time, I cannot change screens or back out, and then it will just jump to a different screen all of a sudden.

I don't see any other issues being posted here about this issue, so I am assuming it is just me. But I wanted to make sure before I ripped out the HDD and replace it with a faster one, it is the sole weak spot in my setup. My server is an actual server, 2x Xeon processors, 16GB RAM, 8x 1TB HDD drives with the C: using 250GB in a RAID 5 and the remaining 5.27TB in a RAID 50, running on a gigabit network.

So, do I need an SSD in my endpoint or should MBC and Breeze, or ROC work fine running on the generic 7200RPM I am currently running on?

AgileHumor

I have an I7 with SSD and 16GB  RAM.  I got enough stuttering on Square that I switched it back to Chocolate for the WAF.

It may be because I have a camera server that averages 5% cpu.

No solutions, but I'm sure it will get better after a few months.  MBC is only 6 months old.

Edited by AgileHumor

ITGuyfromHELL

That was something I had considered, that MB3 is still so young and the bugs and kinks will get worked out. But I hadn't read of anyone else having similar issues, and the themes all talk about how smooth and quick they run. Did i fall for their advertising? ;-)

So is it just a case of wait and the issue will resolve itself over time as the software matures? I am a fan of MB Theater, but I really love all the eye candy offered by some of the themes in MB Classic.

Thanks for the reply.

First, test with Chocolate and, if it isn't a problem, then list the specific themes with which it is (the three you listed are all from the same dev with, I believe, a lot of the same core code at the center).

But, my first guess would be your graphics card, not your hard drive.