ET for UWP offline fails to play

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

On my surface running win 10 using ET universal app attempting to play offline content just returns ET to the home screen and nothing plays.

PrincessClevage

what this content converted by the server or direct downloaded?

Converted, I selected "medium" quality

Do you happen to have the sync conversion log still in your logs folder? If so, can you please attach that? thanks !

PrincessClevage

Do you happen to have the sync conversion log still in your logs folder? If so, can you please attach that? thanks !

I had a look but could not find the sync logs

Dewey80

I'm seeing the same issue... Although I've done direct download and seeing the same issue - Emby just returns to the home backdrop for me, as if its trying to load something but never gets there!

Happy to send a log if you can tell me where it is... my install is via the Windows Store.

D

Dewey80

Hi Luke,

No the file was not converted, it was a direct copy ie Quality = Original. I assume then that you don't need the Server log file. The files play using an external player like VLC.

Let me know if there is a local log file on my Surface that I can send you... If this helps.

Thx, D

Hi Luke,

No the file was not converted, it was a direct copy ie Quality = Original. I assume then that you don't need the Server log file. The files play using an external player like VLC.

Let me know if there is a local log file on my Surface that I can send you... If this helps.

Thx, D

Ok then this is possibly expected behavior. We are using the Windows 10 universal video player and it does not support all of the formats that VLC supports. I would suggest trusting the default, which is High Quality.

High quality will actually use the original when it is supported, and otherwise will convert it.

Dewey80

Ok then this is possibly expected behavior. We are using the Windows 10 universal video player and it does not support all of the formats that VLC supports. I would suggest trusting the default, which is High Quality.

High quality will actually use the original when it is supported, and otherwise will convert it.

Ok, Thanks Luke. I will test this out next week and report back.

I assume there is no way to select a different player?

• 2 weeks later...
Dewey80

Hi Luke,

Just to follow up. I have now tested the High Quality selection as you suggested, and can confirm it plays fine, so this is indeed the issue. Will select this option going forward - Thanks!

D