Server - Scheduled task for reminder(s)

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I'd like the ability to be able to set configurable scheduled tasks that send out notifications about things like "yet to be watched new media" .  I use notifications now, but they occur when new media is added to the library, and then life takes over and I forget what's new.  Even just a list would suffice.

As an aside, and I know this was previously brought up in avariation of this request, it would be great to find out when a scheduled recording is missed (ie, check library and compare to tvdb or whatever).  I can mitigate damage remotely from work (and don't have to scramble when the wife realizes she's missing a show ).

So you would rather see this via individual notification instead of opening the emby app and looking at your latest media list?

mastrmind11

So you would rather see this via individual notification instead of opening the emby app and looking at your latest media list?

Not rather than, in addition to.  It'd be helpful to get a notification at noon about what I've got queued up for tonight w/o having to open the app.  It'd also be a nice round-about heads up that Sonarr missed something.

mastrmind11

Hey that's a cool idea. In the interim, could an app like this help?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.immersiondesignstudio.nuvue

You need an Android device but it looks like it may do something similar...? Might be worth a look.

Yeah I've looked at that.  The Emby app does basically the same stuff (ie, notification for new media, list of latest media, etc)