[BUG] AC/DC being identified as two artists (AC and DC)

steve1977

steve1977

This is quite unfortunate. It shows right for album artists, but identifies two artists (AC and DC) for song artist. Maybe this can get corrected when the other music fixes will be addressed as well? Thanks!

BATTLE DONKEY

I have the same issue. Its because the / is used to separate multiple artists in the tag. Until music is finalised u can either change the name to ACDC or AC_DC to resolve the issue. To me it looks weird not having the / in the name but for the time being it will have to do

steve1977

That's what I anticipated. Will not change my artist name for now and wait for the update. Also, once the artists will be identified by MBID or embedded IDTAG, this should be solved.

FrostByte

AC/DC shows up as 3 different artists for me (AC, DC and the correct AC/DC).  I don't believe this was an issue before so will wait for another server update and hope it gets put back the way it was.  I usually use ";" to separate different artists in my tags

• 1 year later...
Raff

I wasn't aware it was fixed before, so after finding this thread last week I just chalked it up to "known issue".

Like FrostByte, I use semicolons to delimit tags, so it would be nice to have the option to either select a delimiter or have an ignore list for delimiters in tags.

steve1977

I believe there is some exception rule for AC/DC for albumartists and it would need this exception rule for AC/DC also for the artist and artists field?

Hope Luke or another developer can look into it. Thanks!!!

steve1977

Please ignore this thread. This indeed has long been fixed.

Issue is that Emby somehow has a "memory" and keeps info on long-passed things. If you do a fresh install and rescan AC/DC, it only shows up as one artist.

Raff

Please ignore this thread. This indeed has long been fixed.

Ummm, not sure about that. I just imported my iTunes library within the last two weeks and I have this issue.

Just to be clear - Album Artist lists them correctly. Under the Artist table, I have AC/DC (which is correct, images and all) and AC and DC entries that don't have anything.

Edit to ask: are you saying I need to remove and re-add all the Back in Black, soundtracks and mash-ups that credit AC/DC to correct the issue?

Edited by Raff