Classic Version of Emby

dcook

dcook

Hi, I see in the Roku store it only has the new version of the Emby App (Blue background)

Can you give me the Channel Code for the original/classic version of the Emby App (Black background)

Thank you

@@dcook The easiest way is just use the blue neon app, and set the theme to standard instead of blue neon. This will make it look just like the old app did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

dcook

Can you give me the channel code for your app?

I need to give instructions to a 67 yr old in another province 

@@dcook The easiest way is just use the blue neon app, and set the theme to standard instead of blue neon. This will make it look just like the old app did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dcook

I just wanted something easier that is not going to change and she only has a Roku3 so I thought better to go with the classic app.

@@dcook can you tell us what we can do with the new app to make it suitable for your 67yr old user? Thanks !

Ok, I understand, and the not wanting to change aspect is a valid concern.

How can we make the new app just as easy?

The official app in the store is still the old version.  Roku updated the store icon and description even though the new actual version hasn't been released yet.

So, you can just go ahead and install that one from the store if you wish.

Guest Grace1313

Ok, I understand, and the not wanting to change aspect is a valid concern.

How can we make the new app just as easy?

I think things will be simplified once the option is added to go directly to "all shows". For some, the rows with latest, ect. makes things confusing.

dcook

@ Not so much that, but it will help to be able to hide or disable all the suggestions and nextup

@@Luke Mostly because I don't want to install the new version and have it constantly being changed and improved and confuse her, I would rather have her use the old app and once the new app is finished then move her over.

Also I think the old app should remain available for the older Roku's

I think Emby Classic is suitable name for it, and I would suggest having both of them in the Roku Store, that way user with older Roku's have it as a choice, and newer Rokus can use the new app.

I personally like to have both installed, but that is just me.

• Like 1

gjviii

i personally would like the old app to stay and no requirements to update to the new app.  I believe the new app is the better of the 2, but its taken me months to get my inlaws (85+ year old) to finally figure it out.  Are they both easy, very, but for older people the change confuses them.

thanks 

• Like 1