How to use a static background image

rms8
Go to solution Solved by SilentAssassin,

I'm having a hard time finding the correct field (if it exist) to change the background image in any particular theme so that it is a static image which I can setup.  It really helps to speed things up when scrolling through different movies so that the system isn't continually changing the background.  Plus it's less distracting.  Of course once you have chosen a movie and you're on that view, then I would let the theme randomly scroll through the background images contained in that movies folder.  I had it set up this way with MB2, and thought I had MBC set up that way in the past before I reloaded it recently.

Thanks!

Edited by rms8

• Solution
SilentAssassin

You could just turn off backdrops at the media folder level, that's how I have it.

• Like 1

You could just turn off backdrops at the media folder level, that's how I have it.

I think this is what I probably did in the past.  Do you know which field that would be called?  Do you know how to determine what pic it shows when you turn off backdrops?

SilentAssassin

I think this is what I probably did in the past.  Do you know which field that would be called?  Do you know how to determine what pic it shows when you turn off backdrops?

Its one of the view options in each theme. If using a remote you press the # key on the level you want to remove backdrops. It will the display a plain backdrop. There is then an option in the main config which can be used to turn off the theme backdrop, this then makes it display your WMC background.