14 Day EPG limit

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

So I've almost completely transitioned to Emby from multiple platforms.

I've currently set up live TV using the native schedules direct support. One annoying thing right now is that I'm trying to set up my desired series recordings. The problem is that some of them aren't on until after the 14 days. Now I could wait a couple of weeks for them to show up in Emby's guide, but what fun is that?

I only have about 35 channels or so, so it isn't a lot of data. Is there any way to temporarily exceed the 14 day limit?

I also have MC2XML running on my host that I used to use to create an XML channel guide. I used this to import in to TVHeadend. I think that one does a month or more.

If I use that instead of native schedules direct, can I import more data, or is it still limited to 14 days?

Can I switch from one EPG provider to another? Or will that just hose all of the recordings I've scheduled anyway?

Thanks.

BAlGaInTl

Do  you even have more than 14 days of data?

Yes.

I can see the additional data and scheduled recordings on my TVHeadend server.

I was systematically going through the series recordings and recreating them on Emby, then disabling them on TVHeadend.

There are a few that I can't create yet because they are more than 14 days out.

Spaceboy

Wmc used to cater for this by allowing recordings to be scheduled based on keywords. I never used it so I can't be more helpful

BAlGaInTl

I just checked... the data from schedules direct that mc2xml pulled this morning goes until 10-Apr.

So essentially 3 weeks I guess.

BAlGaInTl

Wmc used to cater for this by allowing recordings to be scheduled based on keywords. I never used it so I can't be more helpful

That would be nice.

lifespeed

Adding up to 21 days is a possibility for the future. thanks !

This would be nice, I have found myself trying to look beyond two weeks to schedule a recording.  If it's available, use it!  They keyword feature ALA Windows Media Center would be cool as well.

BAlGaInTl

This would be nice, I have found myself trying to look beyond two weeks to schedule a recording.  If it's available, use it!  They keyword feature ALA Windows Media Center would be cool as well.

@@lifespeed It's been a long time since I used WMC.  What's the keyword feature? 

Is that scheduled recording based on any keyword(s)?  Not sure I ever used something like that in WMC, but could see it's use.

lifespeed

@@lifespeed It's been a long time since I used WMC.  What's the keyword feature? 

Is that scheduled recording based on any keyword(s)?  Not sure I ever used something like that in WMC, but could see it's use.

Just like it sounds, it records shows containing a keyword in the title.  Really the only way to record something not contained in the upcoming 2 - 3 weeks of guide data.