Live TV Catagories

sez

Ive got a m3u file in my live tv section. Is there a way to show them in a full list aswell as sub catagories? so movies, sports, kids etc?

Thanks in advance

maegibbons

Just food for thought.

A tabbed structure would be good, Like Sky box.

Tabs would be:

All

Sports

Drama

Kids

etc.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
pir8radio

So, I have never seen the categories work?   How do they work?   Like if I have an IPTV m3u/xmltv and a group called Sports, it doesnt seem to do or look differently in any of the clients. is it supposed to do something in the guide, or just on the home page?

Edited by pir8radio

We don't support categories at this time but it's possible for the future, thanks.

pir8radio

We don't support categories at this time but it's possible for the future, thanks.

Then why are these settings in emby?

5d22a98273685_Screenshotfrom201907072124

pir8radio

Did you read the help text?

Yep,  I have programs with those categories, and I don't see anything in the guide that marks them as different or "Displayed as ....... programs".     which is why I asked in my original post "So, I have never seen the categories work?   How do they work?   Like if I have an IPTV m3u/xmltv and a group called Sports, it doesnt seem to do or look differently in any of the clients. is it supposed to do something in the guide, or just on the home page?".    How and where are "programs marked with these categories displayed as ....... programs"   and what is emby calling "categories" m3u groups or some other field?

lol,  being nice here, but I guess I could ask you the same, did you read my original post?     :D       the help text below the fields dont really spell it out. 

So, I have never seen the categories work

Then your guide data most not have this data but if it does, then it's right on the live tv suggestions screen. Categories of movies, sports, etc.

Also, important to point out that those categories are for programs whereas this request would be categories for channels.

pir8radio

Then your guide data most not have this data but if it does, then it's right on the live tv suggestions screen. Categories of movies, sports, etc.

Also, important to point out that those categories are for programs whereas this request would be categories for channels.

Ok you both answered my question...   Luke, confirmed the categories is only for the suggestions bars not the guide grid.   

And ebr for programs only not channels, and also not guide grid...   So what I see now is working, its just not what i expected.....  Thanks guys.

5d23c3a2ea679_Screenshotfrom201907081728

Spaceboy

Ok you both answered my question... Luke, confirmed the categories is only for the suggestions bars not the guide grid.

And ebr for programs only not channels, and also not guide grid... So what I see now is working, its just not what i expected..... Thanks guys.

5d23c3a2ea679_Screenshotfrom201907081728

you should see the programs coloured/ highlighted in the grid guide depending on which category they are in

you should see the programs coloured/ highlighted in the grid guide depending on which category they are in

^ This.  The categories are visible in the guide grid if you use the color-coded option.