How to clean database and restart new?

djhifi

djhifi

I've been moving my RAID's around, and reallocating files mainly because I have alot (and I do mean ALOT) of TV Shows scattered around several disks and wanted to workaround current breakage of TV Shows pooling on Emby for KODI addon.

Server side Im using centralized path for metadata scrape etc etc and i moved the folder from one RAID to another, specifying the correct path on the server. Thing is 1000 movies are not being shown on the database and I don't know why, as I have everything (path sub, folders, access permissions on synology etc etc) correctly set.

So I would like to know how to delete actual database without the need to reinstall the server?

You can delete the library.db file but be aware this also contains watch data, so you will want to use the backup plugin to make a backup before deleting it.

djhifi

You can delete the library.db file but be aware this also contains watch data, so you will want to use the backup plugin to make a backup before deleting it.

Indeed? I dont know what else to do. Ive been merging folders that were previously 2 into just 1 and now EMBY even after database scans is not showing all the movies, and I dont know why. LOG provide no errors.

that library.db file is located where?

djhifi

in the server's program data folder /data

@@Luke

Already got it. So only THAT file needs deletion (alongside the localized metadata folder) ? or the library.db-shm and wal also do need deletion?

Cache folder isnt also a good idea to delete (i mean all the content of it not the actual folder itself) ?

Edited by djhifi

CBers

@@djhifi - if you shut Emby, the temporary DB files will be tidied.

I recently moved my Emby server to a different physical computer and I took a backup via the plugin on the old PC, set up the Emby on the new PC (adding the libraries etc), let the library scan run (in your case, after you've deleted the library.db).

I restored the watched status via the backup plugin on the new PC, after copying the zip across from the old PC.

Hope that helps.

Also, do you have the "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" option on for your TV shows?

djhifi

@@djhifi - if you shut Emby, the temporary DB files will be tidied.

I recently moved my Emby server to a different physical computer and I took a backup via the plugin on the old PC, set up the Emby on the new PC (adding the libraries etc), let the library scan run (in your case, after you've deleted the library.db).

I restored the watched status via the backup plugin on the new PC, after copying the zip across from the old PC.

Hope that helps.

Also, do you have the "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" option on for your TV shows?

1 - What do you mean by tidied? Which temporary files are you meaning?

2 - I will now delete my library.db file indeed, but its just awkward, because I did nothing besides merging 4 movie folders into only 2 movie folders....and the movies disappeared from my DB and cant be scanned (and I dont know why)

3 - I will follow your advice regarding watched status restoration (already did a backup)

4 - Yes, Im using that option

Do I need to delete the content of the "cache" folder ?

Edited by djhifi

CBers

1-the wal and shm files.

2-so did you run a library scan after merging the movies?

djhifi

1-the wal and shm files.

2-so did you run a library scan after merging the movies?

1 - ok :D I got it now

2 - YES!! I even ran 4 library syncs because I noticed I hadnt remove an unexisting path after the merge of the folders. Log reports no errors. Im clueless...

Should I delete the cache? Or just libary.db?

CBers

Just the library.db file, although you may like to take a copy of it.

The scan will take a while, depending on how large your collection is.

djhifi

Just the library.db file, although you may like to take a copy of it.

The scan will take a while, depending on how large your collection is.

its currently on 10% altough I hope it does take a while. Would mean ALL folders were being scanned (i did not mess with the "library" separator, all paths are the same since my last backup), only the .db file was deleted.

My collection is rather big. 6000 movies (only 5000 were being displayed...lets see what happens at the end). And 500 TV Shows :D

• Like 1

Happy2Play

How are you determining only 5000 were being displayed?

djhifi

How are you determining only 5000 were being displayed?

Because I saw the count server side :) And I know how many I have (had).

By the way, the new and fresh scan is throwing lots of errors to the log (plz see attached file and if possible open with Notepad ++ for the sake of Reading :D)

LogError.txt

Edited by djhifi

• 2 years later...

in the server's program data folder /data

Hi can you tell me how to get to this folder (on synology).  Can't find it in filestation.  I'm a bit of a linux noob so i don't know how to acces root in synology

Hi can you tell me how to get to this folder (on synology).  Can't find it in filestation.  I'm a bit of a linux noob so i don't know how to acces root in synology

What exactly are you trying to do?

I had wanted to try and clear out all the library info. Was having trouble getting it to recognize a season of a show after moving some folders around. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling instead. However now it won't scan any media folders that I set up

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk