Supported Capture Cards

dcook

emveepee

You should really post questions like that on NextPVR forum it has nothing to do with Emby. There is no definitive list it is huge, however for HD analog only Hauppauge devices are directly supported. They are the best choices especially if you choose Hauppauge devices with AC3 audio and IR blasting, the key difference between Game and STB capture devices.

Martin

dcook

I have been looking on the nextdvr forum but there is no list, and seems like a card may or may not work.

I thought better to ask here for people who have NextDVR setup with Emby what card they are using?

You should really post questions like that on NextPVR forum it has nothing to do with Emby. There is no definitive list it is huge, however for HD analog only Hauppauge devices are directly supported. They are the best choices especially if you choose Hauppauge devices with AC3 audio and IR blasting, the key difference between Game and STB capture devices. Martin

jordy

I have been looking on the nextdvr forum but there is no list, and seems like a card may or may not work.

I thought better to ask here for people who have NextDVR setup with Emby what card they are using?

I use a Leadtek DTV1000s pci card on my system. No problems.

emveepee

I am confused since I already answered your question. If you want to capture through HDMI or Component the Hauppauge HDPVR devices are your only choice. Doesn't matter if you use Emby.

Look at the www.nextpvr.com at the bottom.

Supports most devices. DVB, ATSC, QAM, DMB-T, Analog, SAT>IP, HDPVR, and Copy-Freely CableCard

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Sorry, I don't check here often.

emveepee gave the correct answer. Just about all devices are supported, including pretty much all digital DVB/ATSC tuners, SAT>IP tuners, Network tuners like those by SiliconDust. When it comes to analog HD capture devices, like the type this user is posting about, it's mainly just Hauppauge devices (ie, HDPVR / HDPVR2 / HDPVR60 / Colossus / Colossus2 / Rocket). It does also support the Roxio GamerCap HD Pro though. This Elegato device is not supported (the manufacturer is not developer friendly, so you'll find this device is not really supported in 3rd party software)