Supported Capture Cards

dcook

dcook

Hi, is there a list of Supported Capture Cards for ServerWMC?

I am trying to figure out what I need to buy to setup LiveTV.

Thanks

krustyreturns

Serverwmc relies on windows media center already being setup with your tuner hardware.  So the question is better asked: what tuners work with wmc? As far as I know they all do.

dcook

@@krustyreturns

From what I understand (maybe I am wrong) Windows Media Center is discontinued and no longer supported, do you know if new cards work with it?

For example:

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-pro

I am hesitate to install something that is no longer supported, but my 1st choice NextPVR from what I read does not support many cards.

Serverwmc relies on windows media center already being setup with your tuner hardware.  So the question is better asked: what tuners work with wmc? As far as I know they all do.

krustyreturns

I think wmc is supported through 2020 but only for windows 7-8.  The most popular tuners like hdhrprime will work with wmc, I'm sure nextpvr, and if you just want to use emby for live tv it will work with emby's built in pvr functions.

dcook

Any idea if that elgato card will work with Server WMC?  

Before I spend $300 I want to be as sure as I can that it will work.

I am just looking to capture HDMI, don't care about having a tuner.

I think wmc is supported through 2020 but only for windows 7-8.  The most popular tuners like hdhrprime will work with wmc, I'm sure nextpvr, and if you just want to use emby for live tv it will work with emby's built in pvr functions.

krustyreturns

Ah, so you really man capture cards.  All that matters is whether wmc works with it, and I don't know if it does, but I doubt it.