Latest option

dcook

dcook

I have noticed with the new app, that episodes that I have already watched are still showing up under the "Latest" heading.

Is this configurable to remove items that are already watched or a bug?

That is an option in your user profile on the server.  Should be the same in all the apps.

dcook

Yes and I have that box checked

58d00e77ddc0f_Capture222.jpg

Other apps/web interface it does not show

However with the new Roku app watched items are still showing in the Latest section

Guest Grace1313

I think ebr is asking on what screen.

There is a latest section on the main screen and one within the library.

Guest Grace1313

It's the main screen latest that isn't updating. If you are within the library, it updates and takes away the watched episode from the latest section.

Going into another library and backing out doesn't update it, but if you go down to settings, click and back out, that does it.

Edited by Grace1313

It's the main screen latest that isn't updating. If you are within the library, it updates and takes away the watched episode from the latest section.

Going into another library and backing out doesn't update it, but if you go down to settings, click and back out, that does it.

There are also multiple latest rows on the home screen.  Which one are you talking about?

Also, from your original post, it sounds like your latest (whatever) list contains all your items whether watched or not but, from this last post, it sounds more like you are just saying the list doesn't update right after you watch something.

Which of those scenarios are we talking about?

Guest Grace1313

To be clear, I'm not the OP, just trying to help out with some additional info. If i watch an episode that is in latest episodes on the main screen, when returning to that screen at the end of the episode it is still there.

My guess is maybe he just leaves emby on his roku all the time. Since he isn't logging out or restarting the app, the main screen never updates.

Edited by Grace1313

dcook

Yes that is exactly what I was trying to describe.

After you watch a show, it should disappear from the latest section

To be clear, I'm not the OP, just trying to help out with some additional info. If i watch an episode that is in latest episodes on the main screen, when returning to that screen at the end of the episode it is still there.

Okay, can you please tell me exactly which "latest" section you are referring to?  What is the label at the top of the row?  Thx.

dcook

@@ebr its the Latest inside the library that does not update once you finish watching

The Latest on the Main screen does update and the item disappears from that list fine.

I think if you compare the two sections you will find something different or broken with the Latest section inside the libraries.

Guest Grace1313

@@ebr its the Latest inside the library that does not update once you finish watching

The Latest on the Main screen does update and the item disappears from that list fine.

I think if you compare the two sections you will find something different or broken with the Latest section inside the libraries.

Hmmm... I'm having the exact opposite happen.

Yeah, they refresh fine for me in the TV library too.

Exactly what library?  What type?

dcook

Its a TV library

I can test again tonight, but last night for example I was in TV/Latest and watching a show, once the show was over, it returned me back to TV/Latest but the show was still there.

If I pushed Back it returned me back to the Home screen  and under the Latest section there the show disappeared.

I actually saw the show vanish and the other icons move over on the home screen.

Yeah, they refresh fine for me in the TV library too.

Exactly what library?  What type?