Play All in folder/section

grangerg

grangerg

Roku 4230X (Roku 3) Version 7.5.0 build 4099-04

Emby for Roku Version 3.0 build 9

I have a "Home videos & photos" library with various videos organized into a bunch of different folders. In the old app (Emby for Roku Version 2.2 build 5), I can presently "Play all, starting here" by selecting one of the videos in a folder and pressing the {play/pause} button.

I cannot find this functionality in the new Emby for Roku Beta. What am I missing?

Use case: I have a folder of kids videos that I just want to have play through without anyone needing to have access to the remote.

Enhancement request: It would be nice to have a "shuffle" modifier to "play all" functionality. A "loop" vs "play folder only once" modifier would be nice too, but that's a much lesser desire than shuffle.

Hi.  The new app doesn't have video playlist features just yet but what happens if, on the previous screen where you are seeing the folders that contain the videos, you hit the "play" button on your Roku remote?

grangerg

Hi.  The new app doesn't have video playlist features just yet but what happens if, on the previous screen where you are seeing the folders that contain the videos, you hit the "play" button on your Roku remote?

That's the second thing I tried. :)

If I enter the library and press {play/pause} on any of the various folders, nothing happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Capndick74

When I press the play/pause button on a top folder, it just enters that folder. Was hoping the menu with play all and play random etc.. would be there.

I replaced an Emby client pc with media center that fried, with a ROKU Premiere+. It sucks that this is missing.

Is there any plans to implement this feature soon? I use it all the time in Emby for media center.

Thanks.

When I press the play/pause button on a top folder, it just enters that folder. Was hoping the menu with play all and play random etc.. would be there.

I replaced an Emby client pc with media center that fried, with a ROKU Premiere+. It sucks that this is missing.

Is there any plans to implement this feature soon? I use it all the time in Emby for media center.

Thanks.

Hi.  What are you calling a "top folder"?

The play/pause button should never cause entering.  That sounds like maybe it isn't actually behaving as that button.  What device and remote?  Does the play/pause button work properly in other situations?