Section Headers

Lighthammer

Lighthammer

As my collection is growing, I'm finding I need better tools to manage TV Series / Movies / eBooks.

One of the difficulties of managing a larger collection starts to become overall file names that help keep similar movies / series together.

Currently, sections look like this:

58ce8c3a874cf_Capture.png

In many areas of my Emby server, I started using the "Sort by name" section:

58ce99c684a2d_SectionEditInfo.png

What would be helpful is being able to translate Sort Title into Group Title. It should come out something like this:

58ce9a3c5e2c8_SectionHeaders.png

post-4656-0-90670300-1489931202_thumb.png

We TV and Movies yes he could, although I have a feeling he is using the unset (mixed) content type. Once you do that, you don't get the metadata based layouts for those specific content types.

Lighthammer

I'm shooting for user driven setups.

For instance, I use the "Sort by Name" to sort all the DC and Marvel Series / Movie content together and order it based on what universe it's part of.

So for all of the Marvel Animated Series from the 90s, they have something like "MAU - " in front of them. For all the Cinematic series, I might use "MCU - ".

I used my Book Headers because I happened to be doing books at the time of coming up with this idea. You guys always say great looking art helps sell the concept, so I used pretty art =).

In my ideal use case, we'd simply add another line under "Sort by" probably calling it "Group by". Once a Group By has been added, the view would group all things under the Sort by to the top of the list and ideally have a checked box in which you could uncheck to unbind the group by standards set down by the administrator.

Edited by Lighthammer