Different Sources For Live TV

Bert
Go to solution Solved by Bert,

I live between Milwaukee and Chicago and have two antennas. In WMC I could set different Hdhomerun as tuner groups and it was smart enough to select the correct tuner depending on if it was a Milwaukee or Chicago station. I just spent a few hours trying to get the new Jointenna to work so all tuners have access to all stations but the device adds to much noise. If I set the hdhr to use the appropriate channels based on whether it's a Milwaukee or Chicago station is Emby smart enough to pick the correct hdhr?I don't believe so but wanted to make sure.

Well they're all unique channels so if you play a channel from a chicago station it will use the chicago tuner and same for milwaukee.

Well they're all unique channels so if you play a channel from a chicago station it will use the chicago tuner and same for milwaukee.

FYI Luke, this does not work.  I see this line when reviewing the logs:

Path: http://192.168.1.201

The tuner it should be finding is 192.168.1.202 which is the one hooked up to the Milwaukee Antenna. 

Full log:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ao2HmJdFTqZeh5cYkYZYA6nkj7ko8A

I even tried setting up the lineups as two schedule direct accounts one with the tuner for Milwaukee and one with the tuners for Chicago but no joy.

Edited by Bert

Right, yes and Emby would need to tune that channel on 192.168.1.202 to view that channel .201 is a Chicago tuner.

can you please run the refresh guide process and then attach the complete emby server log? thanks.

I'm very sorry, can you please enable debug logging under Help -> Logs, then restart the server, then do this again? Thanks !

No worries:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ao2HmJdFTqZeh5caXAkYrA1bgKwphw

I tried playing Milwaukee channel 4.1 NBC and it didn't work.  The second issue is that it borks EMBY so it requires a restart to tune any channel.  I tried 5.1 after that so you'd see it in the log.  Just spinning circles....

I'm very sorry, can you please enable debug logging under Help -> Logs, then restart the server, then do this again? Thanks !

These channels have the same guide name in many cases, and when that happens we assume they are the same channel and pool them together. When you hit play, we pick the first available tuner so you don't have much control over which tuner will be used in that situation.

Sure, I can understand that it can't do it yet and that's not a huge deal but I checked and 4.1 is only available on the Milwaukee tuner. I would think if it's the only tuner that has it, it could know that somehow.

In this log I see two different tuner devices having a channel 4.1, both with the same guide name.

Here's two different IP's. The log lines are truncated.

2017-03-23 14:12:44.4866 Debug App: Channels from 192.168.1.201: [{"IsLegacyTuner":true,"Url":"hdhomerun://10145EC2/ch557000000-1","Name":"WTMJ-DT","Number":"4.1",
2017-03-23 14:12:44.6014 Debug App: Channels from 192.168.1.203: [{"IsLegacyTuner":true,"Url":"hdhomerun://10161A1C/ch557000000-1","Name":"WTMJ-DT","Number":"4.1",

Yeah so the problem is ultimately with the HDHomeRun Setup I think.  Previously, you could do a channel scan for each tuner.  Now it appears when you do a scan it saves the results to every tuner.  Pretty sure you used to be able to "uncheck" channels too.  I processed the tuners the old way thinking it would set the lineup for each tuner individually when in reality I was just changing them all over and over again...LOL.  If there were a menu for the older models like the connects have it wouldn't be an issue, but it appears it can't be done.

That sounds like a defect in the HDHR software to be honest. We are querying the device for the channel lineup and it's coming back with channels from another device. I'm not really sure how we can handle that on the Emby side of things.

KeyserSoze1

Have you tried running the setup with only 1 legacy tuner plugged in.  Then switching the tuner that is plugged in and running setup again?  It's not pretty but it may work around the issue.

• Solution

No maybe next I'll try that but I think I may have a more elegant solution. The connect web interface has a scan button. I'm going to try to use a connect for Milwaukee (that's secondary I have 8 tuners for Chicago). I'll scan all Chicago so it sets them all that way and then scan the connect unit. I think this will work but wife's sleeping so can't move furniture til morning.

The above method worked, just wanted to report back.  In this scenario, the key is putting the secondary tuners on a connect so they can be edited separately.  Thanks a ton for your help.