SERVER - IMDB provider for people metadata

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

This feature could be considered as a bug too, depending on vision you've got ;-)

I noticed that there is only one provider in Emby concerning people meta data : themoviedb. The problem there, is that it contains less cast/crews than IMDB (i spotted several movies and it's real), so you could have some movies where an actor is not credited, and then when you go on actor details, it happens that you don't have some movies appearing, despite the fact that the guy is actually in the movie... its ok for guest stars, but there are some secondary characters for whom it happens.

So to be sure to catch all of them and to have complete information, an IMDB fetcher is required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best thing to do is contribute to the MovieDb by making the correction, and then allowing Emby to pick up the change.

• Like 1

jscoys

Hum i understand your point Luke, but why is it THE solution there, and for other metadata you propose IMDB as a fetcher??? Is it so hard to implement the IMDB people metadata fetcher that you think its better to spend hours/days/months to work on themoviedb to reach the same amount of information as IMDB?

Deathsquirrel

Hum i understand your point Luke, but why is it THE solution there, and for other metadata you propose IMDB as a fetcher??? Is it so hard to implement the IMDB people metadata fetcher that you think its better to spend hours/days/months to work on themoviedb to reach the same amount of information as IMDB?

Using IMDB as a data source requires an expensive license.  Barring a change on IMDB's licensing terms this won't happen.

• Like 1

and for other metadata you propose IMDB as a fetcher??? 

We don't use IMDb at all currently.

lorac

One option would be to use Media Centre Master to fetch metadata.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
Dibbes

One option would be to use Media Centre Master to fetch metadata.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I'm doing that as I have a life-time on MCM as well, but Emby still doesn't always display everything. Also, movies/series that you don't have in your collection are not displayed with the contributor.