XBOX ONE Theater Quit on Playback

chef

chef

Xbox One DLNA is working fine, but the Theater is quitting to Xbox Home after about ten seconds of playback, on both Direct Play and Trans-coding.

I don;t know if these logs which I've attached grabbed the proper info, but I can reproduce this on everything I playback, so I can post more if you guys need 'em.

Ben

server-63625391999.txt

chef

Maybe because there was a March update on Xbox One... Which is absolutely horrendous by the way.

FrostByte

Maybe because there was a March update on Xbox One... Which is absolutely horrendous by the way.

Just looked and I haven't seen any XB1 updates since Dec (on normal track) I'll have to make sure I turn off auto updates now.  Haven't seen any issues here yet running latest app 1.1.78 

10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre

Edited by FrostByte

• 1 month later...
FrostByte

I noticed there was an update to the mpeg2 video extension today also to v1.0.6.0.  It should have auto updated though for those who already have it.

chef

The server installed a c++ update today, could this be the fix?

Very exciting! Thanks so much for all the hard work guys!

chef

@@Luke I have some bad news.

The recent update to the Xbox theater is freezing durin playback.

The good news is it doesn't crash back to the Xbox home screen but all play back freezes.

I can back out of the playback window but I am then faced with a spinning circle which doesn't allow me to do anything else in the UI.

Attempting to resume the media item doesn't want to work.

Edited by chef

Try lowering the in-app quality setting, maybe you're just pushing it too hard for your network.

• Like 1