Chromecast issues (disconnects & unable to connect

WEHA

So I've been using Emby for a few months now with Kodi and it works good, at least for TV shows and movies.

So I'm trying Chromcast now and most of the time there are no issues but more and more I'm starting to get problems.

One moment I'm watching a TV show and the stream would stop and show me the emby logo with a backdrop?

Per show I'm watching I have to reconnect the android app to the chromecast to be able to pause it.

It won't even show that it's not connected only that the casting icon is white instead of green.

When trying to cast photos from a home videos & photos library I get the following error in the android or web app:

Your chromecast receiver is unable to connect to your emby server. please check their connections and try again.

Videos work fin, when I check the server log I only see one line related to this and that's an http error 500 requesting the image I would assume.

Home videos & photos on Kodi is also non existent apparantly?

I can get the entry when I go to Video > Addons -> Emby -> Home videos & photos but the library is empty.

Other libraries in the same menu (movies / tv shows) give back results as you would expect.

I've done some searching on google/the forums but I have not seen a case like this.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Sven

Could you also upload a log? 

So we can check what's happening? See my signature for more information..

You're link is a bit outdated ;)

Version 3.2.7

Photo streaming log attached. streaming photos.zip

I restarted the server so only my attempt to stream photos is logged.

I'm not able to reproduce the other problem where it just stops, I think this may have to do with full disk.

I will report back if this happens again, a notification would have been nice though. (if this was the case) :)

Sorry forgot to mention this, this was instigated from the android app.

The web app does give the same result / error however.

Like I said in my first post, no issues there only photos.

EDIT: maybe I should also mention this is a Chromecast Ultra, in case this makes a difference

Edited by WEHA

• 1 month later...

@@WEHA we are doing a lot of chromecast development and will be looking at this very soon. thanks !