Live TV and DVR Hardware for Emby?

Dizzy49

Dizzy49

We all love Emby in our house, and we got a killer deal on our internet, and it comes bundled with TV.  My kids like a few channels, as does my wife.  I don't quite understand how the Live TV works with Emby, and can Emby serve as a DVR, or is additional equipment required?

It looks like I can get a Homerun Prime for a decent price right now.  I wish it was rack mountable though.  What other Live TV hardware is recommended?  Would prefer 4 streams if possible.

Thanks!

Dizzy49

I guess I can buy two of the Homerun Prime for a total of 6.

If I remember correctly (from ages ago) the CableCARD will decrypt two premium channels each, and the 3rd is a non-premium channel.  

What if 3 people all want to watch HBO?  Does it use one decoder per stream?  Or one per channel, so if 3 people wanted to watch HBO, it wouldn't be an issue.

Dizzy49

For rackmountable, you could always use something like this: https://www.silicondust.com/product/tech3-6cc/

I saw that... For starters, it's $1500 for 6 tuners, vs 2x $130 for two Primes :D

Secondly, it's not clear if the App and everything else is supported with the Commercial ones.  I'll prob just get a 1-2u shelf and put them on the shelf.