Seeking in videos while connected to Chromecast seems unreliable

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

Sometimes I can seek forward in a video while connected to my chromecast (gen1), but sometimes I get issues. Namely, the video just stops playing (pauses on the frame? sometimes with audio, other times not). I know it's not a bad video because when I play the video on my phone (the device that's connecting to the chromecast), without connecting to the chromecast, the video plays and seeks just fine.

I'm not entirely sure how to "fix" it when I get in this weird state, but this is kinda lame. Generally Chromecast in Emby is pretty dang good, but this seeking weirdness is frustrating at times.

Also, the chromecast always starting 100% volume is annoying, and... any chance we can get volume buttons on mobile devices controlling chromecast volume just yet? ;))))

Anyways, just thought you ab-fab devs should know. Keep on rockin! :D

BloodyIron

Here I go and try to find more ways to identify the issue, and you've already responded within ONE MINUTE of me posting. You're too fast Luke! Should we call you Hot Hand Luke?

Ugh, so some videos seem to play fine, my ep 5 of "space battles" (think of another synonym for those) seems to be the one vomiting, and I am going to double-check if the file is actually good. I've had this issue a bunch before, but now I'm questioning where the fault really lies :(

So, in regards to the link you are referring to, are you subtly saying I should have posted the server log? Or something else? ;)

Hi, I have not seen any seeking issues in my testing. The best thing to do is please discuss a specific example and provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Edited by BloodyIron

BloodyIron

Please disregard this, something must be up with the video files because these particular movies so far seem to be the only ones giving me problem. I had thought it was not the video files since multiple of the same series are giving me problems. But other series, with even higher bitrates, are working just fine, even for seeking.

Sorry for the trouble! :(