Rotten Tomatoes ratings missing

trifleneurotic

trifleneurotic

Hello!

I've been running Emby Server (manual version) on Fedora 21 and it has been running great. However, I have noticed one small hiccup seemingly starting a couple of weeks ago. I have added a few more of my DVDs and Blu-Rays, but all of a sudden, the server no longer is downloading (or displaying?) the Rotten Tomatoes ratings. I only see the generalized user rating (if that is what it is called, with the red star). Nothing changed on the server at the time - it is like adding a certain film triggered the problem but I don't know which one, or why. My movies are in a separate "Features" library, and metadata downloading is turned on for it. Even with the old Rotten Tomatoes plug-in, and adding the Rotten Tomatoes ID, it still doesn't seem to work. I added that plugin about 3-4 days ago. I am running version 3.2.8 of the server. I am not seeing Rotten Tomatoes as a metadata downloader but that may be normal.

Is anyone seeing this issue or have any ideas, perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

trifleneurotic

Oh I forgot: There is one thing that I didn't mention. I perhaps updated Mono at the time this stopped working and I am noticing a PFX import error in the logs:

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unable to decode certificate. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: MonoBtlsPkcs12.Import failed.

It may or may not be related...?

Oh I forgot: There is one thing that I didn't mention. I perhaps updated Mono at the time this stopped working and I am noticing a PFX import error in the logs:

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unable to decode certificate. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: MonoBtlsPkcs12.Import failed.

It may or may not be related...?

This is due to upgrading to mono 4.8, which we haven't completed testing for yet. For now, 4.6.2.7 is still our recommended version.

trifleneurotic

Got it. Thanks, Luke!

One quick thing I wanted to mention. If you follow the instructions for the manual install from the Emby site, it links to Mono's site for installing that piece. If you do that, you will end up with 4.8. I wanted 4.6.2.7, and I got a bunch of errors when trying to install a specific older version from the mono-project repo. So I disabled the main mono-project repo, added the following repo, then installed the mono-complete package from it which seems to work fine for installing 4.6.2.7:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/CentOS_6/

Perhaps the instructions on the site need to be changed, or pointed to docs where the correct procedure is described?

Just trying to prevent any confusion that may arise.

The instructions on how and where to get mono is going to vary per platform. The purpose of redirecting you to the mono site is to follow their official instructions rather than ours. If you are using the manual install instead of our pre-built packages we are more or less assuming you're a little more advanced and prepared to troubleshoot.

• Like 1

trifleneurotic

The instructions on how and where to get mono is going to vary per platform. The purpose of redirecting you to the mono site is to follow their official instructions rather than ours. If you are using the manual install instead of our pre-built packages we are more or less assuming you're a little more advanced and prepared to troubleshoot.

Right, I get the manual-install-advanced-skills part (I like to think of myself as one...haha). But for those less-advanced users, I was just thinking that they could very easily install an unsupported version, or conversely, not figure out how to install the older 4.6.2.7 from the official repos.

Now, there is only so much you guys can do of course, and the repo I cited above is only "good" for specific distros. The instructions to install older versions on the Mono site kinda suck but they are there. At the very least, I was just thinking to modify the manual install page because it says "mono 4.6.2 or above" but it doesn't mention that anything higher is technically unsupported and may cause issues.

supermau

My server stopped filling the rotten tomatoes rating too, I have Server 3.2.8 and Rotten Tomatoes Reviews Plugin 3.0.6134.23469. I think it stopped working after the last server update.

I can not find anything in the logs, is there anyway to check why it is not downloading or finding Rotten Tomatoes info?

Thanks

Omdb is currently restructuring their api and while doing this they are not including tomatoes data. Hopefully it will be back soon. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
gatorchamp85

Has the RT plugin been removed? Not finding it in the catalog section. I remember having it previously, but after moving servers, I'm not able to reinstall.