FF v52.0: problem accessing 'alpha picker'

d00zah

d00zah

Server Version 3.2.7.0

I'll refer to it as the 'alpha picker' as that's what I see elsewhere...the top of the list is being obscured when viewing libraries in FF v52.0 (if it exists)... can't access  '#, A. B'.

post-10374-0-29020100-1489759574_thumb.jpg

post-10374-0-28269300-1489759590_thumb.jpg

The list looks fine in IE11 (only other browser installed).

Additionally, it's missing completely from some key (IMO) views...

Collections, Movie library:

post-10374-0-77059500-1489759634_thumb.jpg

Song list, Music library:

post-10374-0-56469600-1489759650_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

What device is that one?  Is that a tablet?

They appear fine on my desktop, and I have custom css making them bigger then normal.

58cc28c104f48_picker.jpg

d00zah

@@Happy2Play

Win7 x64 desktop. FF v52.0 x64. No custom CSS on server. Same after restarting FF with all Add-ons disabled. WYSIWIG

EDIT: Actually, I can CTL-Scroll to shrink down text & it begins to look 'normal', but that shouldn't survive a restart, should it?

Edited by d00zah

You would have to consult firefox documentation to find out about the persistence of the zoom setting via ctl-scroll.

d00zah

Oh, it persists but I need text zoom at 70% (in Safe Mode) for the page to display correctly... which is unacceptable for old eyes.

Happy2Play

Well FireFox has the Text Only zoom also so just back the text down.

What do yo mean 70% to display correctly.  Comparing your image to mine you are zoomed in about 160%.  Or I have to zoom in that far to get my image to look like yours.

d00zah

Restarting the browser in safe mode, regardless of how I set zoom level, returns the page to exactly what my images initially show... all defaults.

Font defaults in Options set as:

post-10374-0-35019500-1489777290_thumb.jpg

When not in Safe Mode, I use the Add-n 'No Squint Plus' with both page & text zoom levels set to 100%... which displays the page as in my images. When I reduce text zoom to 70%, the page displays OK.

Regardless of all this , shouldn't the page scale appropriately? It always has, until recently.

d00zah

Just set up a 'virgin' FF user account & w/ no Add-ons active, defaults still display as in my images.

You are perceiving this as incorrect but all you need to do is scroll a little and the header slides away and you can see the full alphabet picker.

Yes - when there is a smaller amount of space available, it does mean certain things might be covered in certain situations.

d00zah

Negative, I can never expose '#, A, B' with current zoom levels. I tried every angle I could imagine before reporting. As soon as I scroll down far enough for the 'header' to retract, the list starts at 'C'. At 90% text zoom, I can barely see '#' but text becomes difficult to read.

And unless it is specific to FF v52.0, it would seem to be new behavior.

d00zah

Another note... Win7 display setting 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display' is set to 125%, which may make things different from what you use/test with. Again, old eyes.

d00zah

Oh well, I'm a corner-case... I'll adapt. At least, please consider adding the picker to Collections & Songs views. Thanks for your time.

PS :

you also have a problem saving Branding settings/custom CSS (reported elsewhere).

EDIT: added link to report

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/45938-custom-css-does-not-get-saved/

Edited by d00zah

Happy2Play

Well if you must use FireFox in with those conditions the you could use this custom css.

90% is default so 75 or 80 percent should fix your issue.

.alphaPicker-vertical {
    font-size: 80% !important;
}

d00zah

Thank you very much, Happy. I MUST use FF... too many add-ons other browsers don't have.... & a creature of habit. With a little tweaking of the overall scaling, that will work nicely. I appreciate your time.