Chromecast Live TV - I have picture but no audio

greenlava

greenlava

Hi:

I have an older chromecast (the original, in fact) and I just tried using it as a spare TV.  I get audio on a lot of things to it, but Emby's LiveTV (direct from HDHomerun) doesn't give me an audio stream.  Logs indicate it's trying to do ac3, but the projector I have it plugged into I guess maybe doesn't support that?.  Other files from EMBY *do* have audio just fine.  it appears to only be LiveTV that has the problem.

Server:  Windows 3.2.7

Is there any way yet to force a remux of audio to the chromecast?  I don't need anything fancy, stereo would be fine.  I tried casting from android and from web browser, and neither had any options to switch the audio.

thanks a ton

Dan

server-63625279071.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-f8778a2b-7756-41d4-97e1-8ea2364bbec3.txt

Edited by greenlava

Chromecast only supports AC3 audio when it can passthrough to a receiver or TV that supports it. It automatically detects this, and when enabled, we do utilize it and remux the audio.

In this case, it is converting to AAC because it hasn't passed this condition. I am not sure why you're not getting sound though. If you play directly in the web browser, do you get audio?

greenlava

I do get audio on those streams to my android phone and to my web-browser.  I also do get other audio through to the chromecast/projector, just not live tv

i suspect chromecast and emby are doing what they are being asked to do, and that my inexpensive projector is to blame for asking for more than it can handle.  I was hoping there was a way to force a generic stereo to the chromecast.

Other interesting information - @@ebr I had a newish roku stick hanging around too, so I decided to try there.  the old Emby channel DOES send video and audio through just fine, but the new emby(beta) channel has the same problem as the chromecast.  I have yet to try the chromecast back on my main TV to see if I can isolate the problem to the projector.