Corral

PhilWhite

sleeplessone

Yeah, I had been holding off because there wasn't yet support for passing through GPUs to VMs.

Luckily Docker is one of their first priorities in implementing into the 9.10 branch from the sound of it.

BloodyIron

The change in direction was not so much about docker. One of the contributing factors was one of the libraries they were using for the GUI, the team supporting/developing it, kind of fell apart, so that puts them in a precarious position.

So far as I know they are going to make 9.10.3 a lot like what they wanted to do in Corral, and it looks like they're going to continue Jails at least for the time being, since a lot of people seem to like them (poor fools).

It is recommended that ANYONE using Corral at this time, migrate back to 9.10. Doing so at a later date may be harder/impossible due to technical challenges. Also, Corral is unlikely to see any real fixes. It may be a pig of work to do, but if you're using Corral, PLEASE migrate to 9.10.

Marcelo

Luke,

Thanks for replying. My problem was that no content was playing on the android devices due to the ffmpeg version.

I tried to run the command on the corral to update it like it was posted on the docker forum but it doesn't work.

I then just updated the container to the latest docker version and all is good now.

Now I understood that the emby update on the freenas corral docker just updates emby and not the components like ffmpeg.

I put all my configs on the dataset and not in the container so updating the container is somewhat easy. I still have to unisntsall the previous one and install the new container but just point the settings on the dataset and everything is good and working now.

By the way sadly they are gone ditch the corral. It's working great here. I undestand that dockers maybe a little worst in theory than jails since they are vm's and jails are not so the overhead may in theory kill some of the performance. I did not see any of that here and the dockers availability are far better than plugins are.

Let's see what they are going to do with the 9.10.3 release (I hope the dockers will be integrated sooner then later.

Thanks,

Marcelo. 

• 1 year later...