Can't delete shows

nightowl23

nightowl23

I've read through alot of the posts and have performed all the suggestions including:

Changed both lines of the config (xml) file to true.
Made sure all the paths to media are UNC.
Granted all share permissions to all media folders.

I have a win 7 64 bit MB3 server (ver. 3.0.5135.31685) and MB Classic (ver. 3.0.117.0 B1-23.1)  installed on the same machine (I crashed the latest BETA too many times so I'm back to official release). I have disabled the trakt plugin. I still have Shark 007 installed along with the Lav codecs. Every time I try to delete a show "the selected media cannot be deleted due to an unknown error". I have listed below what I believe is pertinent in the log and I attached the most recent log after I attempted deleting a show. Thanks in advance and appreciate all help because remembering watched episodes and going into folders via explorer for deletion is getting to be a drag.

P.S. - If you are looking at the attached log file anyway, can you also tell me why the user login is gray?

2014-02-07 07:20:58.8146,Debug,,Sending Http Delete to http://192.168.0.2:8096/mediabrowser/Items/2b6cce43-f95c-1e98-52bd-2bf18faf47e3,18,Worker thread for DeleteMediaItem
2014-02-07 07:20:59.0316,Error,,Error trying to delete \\MAINHTPC\TV\The Blacklist\Season 1\The.Blacklist.S01E07.HDTV.x264-LOL.mp4 ( Exception.  Type=MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException Msg=The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. Src=MediaBrowser Method=Delete Line=0 Col=0 [n] StackTrace= [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.MbHttpClient.Delete(String url) [n]    at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ApiClient.DeleteItem(String itemId) [n]    at MediaBrowser.Application.<>c__DisplayClass32.<DeleteMediaItem>b__2f() ),18,Worker thread for DeleteMediaItem

MBClassic-722014aba64374b19b4cf5a76d802c77917b24.log

I would need to see the server log to confirm but it looks like a permissions problem on your media folders.  The server is the one actually doing the deleting so whatever credentials the server is running under is what would matter.

I don't know what you mean by "user login is gray"...

nightowl23

I've attached the server log with an attempted deletion at 1:05 am. I forgot to mention earlier that the Media Center "wav" file is present and plays when a deletion attempt is made.

The "log in" screen gray issue is actually the "Please Select a User Profile" screen that has a gray background, white text, and dark gray profile boxes. The MB Classic logo at the bottom right of the screen is in full color.

Thanks Again for your help.

server-63527500799.log

Yep it is an unauthorized access error on the delete.  Either something has a lock on the file or the user running the server does not have proper permissions to delete it.  Are you running the server as a service?  Also, what happens if you just go right into MBC and try and delete something (not after having played it).

I'm going to need a picture of your question on the log-in screen as I still don't understand what you are asking.

nightowl23

Not sure if am running as a server or service. I think I'm running as a server within Windows Media Center (MB server does not start with windows). When I tried your suggestion of deleting prior to playing a show IT WORKED!

So swami, what does that massive cranium of yours diagnose as my permissions hiccup and where should I start looking. I have full permissions granted to my wife and I via MBC Dashboard and all users listed on the win 7 machine.

I attached a pic of the gray profile screen, maybe I need to upload a profile pic to it for it to be black like I've seen in examples.

Thanks Again

post-2370-0-63030100-1392006252_thumb.jpg

Oh, you are talking about the background.  Look in your MBCommonXml.config file and change the LoginBgColor to "Black".

If delete worked going straight in then that probably means something is holding a lock on the item you are trying to delete when you do it after playback.  Do you use an external player or the internal one?  WMC will keep the last played file open but we work around that by playing something else and you said you heard that "ding".

Tranquil

On my system, a file which has been played within media browser is still looked even if I click on the Stop-Button of my remote. I have to close mce. sometimes even starting of another video playback does not unlook the old file. Strange. Don't know if this is a MB oder MCE issue, or maybe FFDshow looks the file... Maybe this is the same issue you have!?

nightowl23

I did hear the ding and have played other files (workaround?)  I am running the internal VLC player I believe. I did not uninstall my version of VLC when I upgraded from MB2 to MBC.

I read about unlocking files in Win 7 and installed EMCO's Unlockit. With MBC running (and turned off) I checked the status of the attempted deleted 'played file' and it shows "the file system resource is not being locked by any process". Even though the program stated it wasn't locked I could not delete it from within MBC. Should I uninstall VLC or Shark 007 for possible player or codec conflict? 

nightowl23

Interesting development. I created a new tv series folder within MBC - loaded media in it - played the media with what I thought was MBC's internal player (VLC) - then attempted a delete. After a short delay the show was deleted - a second later it popped up again - I then hit delete again and it took - the show is now gone. Something is locking the media even if UnLockit can't identify it. It seems if a media file is played with multiple players from within a folder, then the delete function is disabled (via locking it?) I rechecked the file associations for .mp4's and it listed VLC media player.

I must have misread a post because I thought MBC was now using VLC for playback. What is the dedicated player that is or should be used with MBC? Should I associate all media files with one player?

nightowl23

ebr, I haven't heard from you in a while. Am I a lost case or am I not following proper protocol? If I've reached the end of this line; thank you for all your consideration and help with this problem. 

I don't know what your problem actually is beyond something on your system keeping the server from deleting the file when you attempt it.

MBC uses WMC to playback all content unless you configure it to use an external player.  File associations do not matter.