Why aren't <SortTitle> tags recongnized

PBzeer
Go to solution Solved by Koleckai Silvestri,

Just got my little two laptop network set up (which was enough frustration), so I thought, since that was done, I'd install MB3 Server and MBC. Installation went easily, as did config, so once my library (movies only so far) had been scanned, I fired her up. Though I unchecked all but movies, everything else still shows up in the title bar. Okay, I can live with that. What I don't like though, is after editing all my metadata (I have remote turned off) to have the movies display where I want them, in the order I want them, it seems to totally ignore all my sort tags. So while I have (for instance) all the Fast and Furious movies with a sort tag of Fast & Furious 1 through 6, it puts them by the film title.

Is there something I'm overlooking, or is this just the way things are now?

Edited by PBzeer

• Solution
Koleckai Silvestri

Sort tags work for me...

If you go to the server and look at the metadata for the individual items what does it say for the sort tag? Click on the MediaBrowser Logo, find Fast and the Furious under Movies and edit it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I can go back and redo them all that way. What I don't understand is why it isn't reading the tags that are already there. I thought I had all fetching of metadata turned off before I loaded the library to the server, so I don't know why it's ignoring it.

Koleckai Silvestri

If the sort title shows in the Metadata Editor, it may just require a save to update the system. You can try running the Library Scan in the dashboard as well under Scheduled Tasks.