No Live TV after update to 3.2.8.0

BAlGaInTl
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

BAlGaInTl

Oops...

My Live TV is dead after update to server 3.2.8.0

There don't seem to be any channels to map.  I tried re-initializing in the HDHomerun ap, re-syncing the guide data, and trying to re-map channels.

I'm using Docker and Legacy (HDHR3-US) tuners.

Here is the log file.

EmbyLogLiveTVDead.txt

BAlGaInTl

From 3.2.7 to 3.2.8 is merely a version increment without any code changes, FYI.

Well darn.  Something certainly happened... glad I haven't shut down my tvheadend server yet.  :)

• Solution

Thanks. The short answer is we're caching data for just a little bit longer than we should. It has nothing to do with the release. Although that is the downside of doing a release at all, everything is always blamed on the release.

In any event, your issue should resolve itself, within some period of time less than 24 hours, but then you may experience it again 24 hours from there. There is a window of time each 24 hours where you may see it, and the rest of the day it will be fine.

Until we have a new release with the caching shortened, you can work around it by deleting this folder under server program data before the guide refresh runs:

/cache/httpclient

As well as restarting the server before the refresh runs. This only applies to legacy HD Homerun tuners so those are the only users that will see this.

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Thanks. The short answer is we're caching data for just a little bit longer than we should. It has nothing to do with the release. Although that is the downside of doing a release at all, everything is always blamed on the release.

In any event, your issue should resolve itself, within some period of time less than 24 hours, but then you may experience it again 24 hours from there. There is a window of time each 24 hours where you may see it, and the rest of the day it will be fine.

Until we have a new release with the caching shortened, you can work around it by deleting this folder under server program data before the guide refresh runs:

/cache/httpclient

As well as restarting the server before the refresh runs. This only applies to legacy HD Homerun tuners so those are the only users that will see this.

That seems to have fixed the problem.

Will this affect scheduled recordings?  Am I better off keeping TVHeadend for show/series recording for the mean time?