MB Classic 3.0.117.0 Installation Hangs on Media Browser Migration

Lonald
Go to solution Solved by Lonald,

Hi,

I've been successfully using MB Classic on a HTPC using Windows 8.1.  With the latest upgrade of MB Classic, the installation hangs on the Media Browser Migration.

Other PC's on the network upgraded successfully.  I checked for the chocolate.dll file and did not find it on any of the PC's.  None are running anything but MB Classic.

What additional information do you need to help?

Thanks!

MB Server Version 3.0.5135.31685

Look in your Windows Event Log for an error but you can just kill it and continue on.  The installation should still have completed.

OK, I see that MB Classic is installed.  Launching the program gets me to Windows Media Center and a message that the program has stopped responding.

I tried Media Classic Configurator and it indicates that the server could not be located.  I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

The problem appears to be this installation not finding the server, which resides on this machine.  Other network computers are finding the server.

The movie files are on a NAS device.

Progress...

Thanks for the very prompt response!

post-876-0-31274500-1391812542_thumb.png

• Solution

Solved the problem after viewing a post on hidden user files.  Once I corrected that, the server was recognized.

Thanks!