RokuTV Dolby True-HD

roberto188

roberto188

When I go to play a movie that has a TrueHD audio track on my Roku TV, no audio comes out. I don't think Emby is transcoding the audio. All other audio tracks work except that one. My Roku 3 plays it no problem, just the Roku TV has the issue.

roberto188

My apologies @@ebr. The audio is NOT TrueHD it's DTS. None the less my roku TV audio settings is set to stereo mode only and I am NOT passing through any audio to a receiver, yet Emby directplays the movie with no transcoding of the audio. If I reduce the allowable bitrate to below that of the movie and emby is forced to transcode the audio it works no problem.

Attached is the relevent portion of server log where it is directplaying the movie, yet the ROKU TV cannot decode DTS audio.

serverlog.txt

Edited by Luke

KeyserSoze1

Well I can't say for sure.  But I do know my Roku TV specifications lists DTS in the audio codec list.  However there is an asterisk beside it that states only for passthrough the optical or ARC.  @@ebr would know the answer better than me, but can the Roku Emby app determine what the audio settings are set at for the tv?  Then it could include/exclude dts based on that.  If not it gets a bit more complicated.

Hi roberto, I missed this post somehow. Sorry.

Can you please do the following:

• Go to settings in the app and turn on Debug Options
  • Restart the app
  • Play your item for a few seconds
  • Go back to the home screen and hit the "Send Log" button on the bottom row
  • Come back here and tell me what you played, when you did that and the name of your Emby server

Thanks.

can the Roku Emby app determine what the audio settings are set at for the tv?  

@@speechles do you know the answer to this off the top of your head?

@@speechles do you know the answer to this off the top of your head?

The answer is most certainly yes.

The only time the roku may do this incorrectly is if the TV is off when the roku is first turned on. This means the HDMI handshake isn't telling the roku what isnt supported.

Usually people leave their roku always on then  just turn the tv on/off and will never experience an issue. Its those who turn off their rokus who will find problems.

EDIT: The rokuTV may report it supports DTS, when in fact it doesn't natively. This is because it has ability to pass-through DTS to a receiver. The TV itself will not be able to decode the audio and will produce silence.

Edited by speechles