Photo

Emby External Player Launcher

Emby External Player Launcher EmbyExternalPlayerLauncher E2PL MPC-HC external external player

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 PM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Thanks! I downloaded the source and tried to build it, but VS (2015) won't even open the project. It's saying something the default XML namespace needing to be the MSBuild XML namespace, but I'm not familiar with MSBuild or with what it's trying to tell me. It's probably best I wait for an update on NuGet, that way it should also be easier for me to update the client in the future too.

Namespace changes shouldn't be too much trouble to fix, as long as the actual API has remained similar at least in terms of general design.

Edited by Bloodred, 16 September 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

You need vs 2017

#23 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

I see. I assume that if I were to use NuGet, that would still work fine with 2015, since I'm not doing the project building in that case, right?

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

I would think so but I won't be testing that

#25 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Sure, that's fair enough.

#26 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

I got around to building the ApiClient from the repo and everything seems to be working, though I'm not sure if I'm using the newer API properly.

@Luke I've still got a quick question regarding playback resume though. I've noticed that UserItemDataDto contains the information I need but looking at the ApiClient there doesn't seem to be a method which simply gets the data without updating anything server-side. Am I missing something? Which method am I supposed to be calling?

#27 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

#28 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Just this: which method do I call to get the played back percentage of an item?

#29 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

There's no method, it's just a property on the item objects that come back.

#30 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

Yes, but GetItemAsync(itemId, userId) always returns CompletionPercentage as null, even when that isn't the case. Is GetItemAsync the wrong method to use?

#31 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

That's not for playstate. All user specific data will be under the UserData subobject.

#32 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

Yeah I see, I incorrectly assumed all the information returned would be user-specific since the method takes a user ID. I'm getting the right value now, thanks!

#33 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the info.

#34 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

I've decided to release a version with PlayPause support, though I've noticed mostly by accident (restarted my server) that the client doesn't automatically reconnect anymore. I'll have a look at that and do something about it in a future release, but for now there's v1.0.5.0 on GitHub.

#35 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 131576 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

If you're referring to web socket, it's not a good pattern that we were using before to automatically reconnect with a timer. if you really want that then you can just add a timer in your app that calls the EnsureWebSocket method. But instead you should look to do it after user interaction, e.g. app resume, navigation, etc.

#36 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

I was thinking of adding a timer outside of the client, yeah.

I would just do that on user interaction if I could, but nobody interacts with E2PL directly at all. It just waits in the background until it gets a Play command from the server, so if the connection is interrupted it has to be re-established automatically. I'll probably add some sort of periodic connection check so the user doesn't have to restart the app manually if the server goes down.

#37 KMBanana OFFLINE  

KMBanana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

I've decided to release a version with PlayPause support, though I've noticed mostly by accident (restarted my server) that the client doesn't automatically reconnect anymore. I'll have a look at that and do something about it in a future release, but for now there's v1.0.5.0 on GitHub.

Appreciate the quick response!  Thanks!

#38 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

No problem, let me know if you run into any more issues! Actually I've found another one myself, v1.0.5.0 may sometimes hang when attempting to exit or when changing configuration.

Fixed that in v1.0.5.1, but auto-reconnect is still not back yet.

#39 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2646 posts
  • Local time: 04:36 AM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

I need to try this out when I get some free time. How can I launch playback on the external player? Do I need to use an app like ET with an external player configured to start the playback or can I use the "Play On" function to initiate playback from the web or mobile app directly to the external player? Either way being able to use MPC-HC might get me to try out ET again. Thanks for sharing this.

#40 Bloodred OFFLINE  

Bloodred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

You don't need Emby Theater. After you configure & run E2PL, it will appear by itself in the "Play On" menu, you can then select it and initiate playback from the web interface or from an Emby mobile app. You also get basic remote control functionality (Play/Pause/Stop/Volume/Seeking) and automatic viewing progress syncing. Playback is done straight through a network share (which you need to set up if you don't have it already), so there's no transcoding.

E2PL is a simple program though, it's not meant to handle complex scenarios or replace full-blown media centers like ET, Kodi or such. My goal with it is basically to watch videos on my desktop PC while still keeping the Emby library tidy & in sync with all other devices.

Edited by Bloodred, 20 September 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Emby External Player Launcher, EmbyExternalPlayerLauncher, E2PL, MPC-HC, external, external player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users