Series recording not being scheduled to record

denz

denz

Last night episode of a series recording didn't record and it seems to be a consistent issue when there are daily episodes that was reported few or more weeks back.

The upcoming recordings are all marked new in the tv guide but for some reason they are not being scheduled to record. Even when I change to record all episodes still the same result it won't schedule to record them.

When I toggle the new or all it doesn't the update screen until I run refresh guide. 

58c76cf4c8a0c_Capture50.jpg

<programme channel="23" stop="20170314130000 +0000" start="20170314113000 +0000">
<title lang="en">My Kitchen Rules</title>
<desc lang="en">The quest is on for Australia's best cooking team - not from the cafe, or restaurant or fish and chip joint, but from home. Ah, but this is where it gets interesting, because for one emotion-charged, angst-filled, fragrantly sweet and savoury night, your home becomes your restaurant.(Australia, English)</desc>
<date>2010</date>
<category lang="en">Cooking</category>
<category lang="en">Game Show</category>
<category lang="en">Real Life</category>
<language lang="en">English</language>
<country lang="en">Australia</country>
<episode-num system="icetv">23989-0</episode-num>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

<programme channel="23" stop="20170319123000 +0000" start="20170319110000 +0000">
<title lang="en">My Kitchen Rules</title>
<desc lang="en">The quest is on for Australia's best cooking team - not from the cafe, or restaurant or fish and chip joint, but from home. Ah, but this is where it gets interesting, because for one emotion-charged, angst-filled, fragrantly sweet and savoury night, your home becomes your restaurant.(Australia, English)</desc>
<date>2010</date>
<category lang="en">Cooking</category>
<category lang="en">Game Show</category>
<category lang="en">Real Life</category>
<language lang="en">English</language>
<country lang="en">Australia</country>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

When I toggle the new or all it doesn't the update screen until I run refresh guide. 

This does refresh immediately, but it's in the background and may not have competed when you refreshed the view. So it's probably just a case of not seeing the latest information in the UI. I'll have to look at auto-refreshing it.

The reason is they all have the same episode numbers

Therefore the server thinks they're the same episode. For XmlTV in this situation I can go ahead and change it to assume they're different, however this will inevitably cause you to then report duplicated recordings. 

denz

I don't understand why would there be duplicated recordings when I click on record new episode setting. As you can see from the xmltv all those episodes have not been previously shown so if I click new only episodes that don't have the previously shown tag should record or am I missing something. We will find out when the changes are made so maybe it can be tweaked.

I rather it record then not record.

I spoke to ICETV and most of the shows are like that unfortunately.

Thanks

Yea you're right it's better to record then not record. I just recall you reporting it before that the same episode would record mulitple times, so that might start happening again. Thanks.

denz

Good memory you have I certainly did report that and it hasn't happen since. Will keep an close eye on scheduled recordings and when the actual recording gets done and report if it happens again hopefully it doesn't but there must be a way to deal with that issue.

Thanks  

If the source data tells us that they are the same episode, aren't they going to end up overwriting each other?

No, the recording process will detect the file already there and just add a (1) to the file name, just like windows would.

denz

Any chance that you can have a look at this many of the shows are no longer scheduled to record and are all new episodes last night two new episodes of Blacklist didn't record, the other night it was Blindspot etc. It just very strange and the other Australian shows that are shown 3 times a week sometimes it schedules to record one this week it won't record tonight episode but it has scheduled to record Tuesday and Wednesday episode.

Even if I tick record all episodes it still doesn't schedule them to record.