Problems playing LiveTV 720p Channels

KeyserSoze1

KeyserSoze1

I am having trouble playing only the 720p LiveTV channels on my Sharp Roku TV running 7.5.  

I get the black screen and the Retreiving bar stops at ~99% and nothing ever starts playing.

The server and ffmpeg logs don't indicate any issue although I am attaching them here anyway.  In fact data seems to be streaming to the RokuTV during the whole time the screen is in this state.

I submitted a log from the Roku so hopefully that will also help.

As a second question.  The RokuTV has mpeg2 support in order to support the built in tuner.  I believe it should be possible to direct stream the LiveTV channels instead of transcoding them.  Is this something that could looked into for a future release?

ffmpeg.txt

server-log.txt

It is the lack of bitrate information that is causing the transcode, not the fact it is mpeg2.  The app already supports direct stream for mpeg2 on TVs that support it.

That lack of bitrate info may also be why the player is having trouble playing it but Luke will know better.

What is the source of the stream?

KeyserSoze1

Thanks for looking at this.  

So it's a network stream from a legacy HDHomerun.  Bitrate information is not filled out right now for this.  I'll look into this.  The newer versions are able to determine if the stream is HD or not and fill out the bitrate based on that. The legacy models don't have that information.  I'll see if I can't come up with some kind of fix for this.

Edited by KeyserSoze1