Next Up not working

dcook

dcook

I noticed on the new app when you click on a Show, and click on the >| icon for play next up, you get a big red box on the screen that says something like:

unable to determine next up to play

But then if I go down and click on for example Season 4 and then select the episode it plays just fine.

On that TV series screen, the first row under the details should be a "Next Up" row.

Is it there?  What is in it?

I just tested this on several shows and it is working fine for me so it must be a data issue of some sort.  Not sure what though, as the button shouldn't be there if there is no next up...

Guest Grace1313

I've had this happen as well. Play an episode, get back to that shows screen, press play next up, get the error -spinning circle, have to exit the app.

I can only recreate this if i use next up to play the last episode, then when the episode is over the screen hasn't updated yet so i can choose next up again which creates the problem since there is nothing to play.

I've had this happen as well. Play an episode, get back to that shows screen, press play next up, get the error -spinning circle, have to exit the app.

I can only recreate this if i use next up to play the last episode, then when the episode is over the screen hasn't updated yet so i can choose next up again which creates the problem since there is nothing to play.

That actually sounds like a completely different problem but thanks :).

dcook

Next time I see this red box, I will try to take a photo, I exited and drilled down to the season, and episode I wanted to play so I can't reproduce the error right now.

I have also got the never ending spinning circle when click on Next Up icon in the past.  I don't have any issue when clicking on the Play icon inside the actual episode.

Next time I see this red box, I will try to take a photo

No need, thanks.  I know exactly what that is.  It is an error message.

Do you know the answer to my other question?

On that TV series screen, the first row under the details should be a "Next Up" row.

Is it there?  What is in it?

Guest Grace1313

@@dcook, go to that particular episode and uncheck watched then back out and go back into series and play next to see if it happens again

Edited by Grace1313