Request for testing help

ebr

This next release of MBC has some fairly large and critical new functionality in it in the form of the new plug-in management inside of the program itself.  Our current crop of alpha testers is really strapped with all of the stuff we have going on so they are just stretched too thin to give MBC a good run-through.

Can some of you folks who may already be on the dev version (latest 126) or a couple brave folks who would like to, please update to it and then give these new features a thorough try and post any issues in this thread please?  I'm most interested in the new plug-in management features so install and remove and update plug-ins and make sure it all works as expected.  Please be sure to try different update levels (Advanced Panel of config) and be sure you only see versions you should.

Would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Cheesegeezer

I've been having a good play since 118 and it still seems really solid.  Tried it out on my Dev laptop and also on HTPC which until now was running Beta Builds on both Server & MBC.

Updates for Chocolate and Square have been coming thru when available and also I love the fact it doesn't force you to restart after updating the plugins.  

Plugin Catalogue works and also the rating system works, however I would prefer the "Thank you for your rating" text to appear in the actual overview window rather than the MBC window behind(very hard to see unless you know where you are looking).  

Everything seems fine here ;)

Well, up until about an hour ago, it was completely ignoring both required MBC version and plug-in update level for updates.  So, if you were set to Release, you still got Dev updates.  I had to make changes to all the update logic to fix that so please give it another run-through.  Thanks.

I had noticed the upgrades a couple days ago, I can report that I was able to successfully update themes for mbc without issue. I found the interface I the configuration to be quite easy to understand at first glance. I will contribute to report if I come across any issues.

I just put up a Dev version of Chocolate.  Please confirm that, with your plug-in update level set to Beta, you don't see the update.  Thx.

trusselo

got the downloading issue fixed, Norton Smart Firewall was blocking the update.  I had to disable Norton for 15 minutes to update.

like the update sofar, but was a bit confused that the chocolate theme was not pre-installed. I thought it was MBC's new default theme. or was that so we could test downloading it with the new plugin interface?  That went well.  Re-enabled firewall, then installed Diamond theme with success. then deleted Diamond theme.

This new plug-in interface is slick, working fine so far.  I noticed on first page of config menu the new Log In options, "Log In Current User"/"Show Profile Screen"   unless there is something i do not understand about its behavior, it may be better labeled "Log In Last User" rather than Current??

Logos302

Like the new version, if you set plugin update option to beta you don't get the chocolate update, switch to dev and it shows up.  But I do have a little problem and I'm not sure of it's related to aztec or the new MBC version.  In the plug-in section of the config it shows that I have 6 days left in my trial but when I go to use it.  The Aztec theme says my free trial has ended and that if I want to keep using it I should purchase it  So is this a bug in MBC or Aztec?.    

trusselo

i had plugin levle set to DEV and did not get the chocolate update, i had to manually install.

trusselo

the Enable media Delete option, is DANGEROUS! what if kids get in there?

need to pin code the config menu

Edited by trusselo

Cheesegeezer

Simple..... Dont have them!!! :lol:

unless there is something i do not understand about its behavior, it may be better labeled "Log In Last User" rather than Current??

The last logged in user is the current user...

The Advanced panel only shows up for Administrative users.

i had plugin levle set to DEV and did not get the chocolate update, i had to manually install.

There isn't an automatic update.  There is an option that will check for updates and give you a message to allow you to update, but it never just does it automatically.

like the update sofar, but was a bit confused that the chocolate theme was not pre-installed. I thought it was MBC's new default theme. 

Chocolate is installed with MBC.  However, it won't change your selected theme if you had already chosen a different one (other than default).

trusselo

The last logged in user is the current user...

What if i set that option then log out, the my roommate logs in, then MBC is restarted, who is logged in automatically?  last and current (when setting option) were different.

oh snap..

i love logic games.

i realize its not an actual handling change, just a string change to avoid confusion to user.

Chocolate is installed with MBC.  However, it won't change your selected theme if you had already chosen a different one (other than default).

Chocolate is always my default theme, i updated MBC to dev build, and went back to default theme, until i manually downloaded chocolate through the new plugin interface.

Edited by trusselo

Chocolate is always my default theme, i updated MBC to dev build, and went back to default theme, until i manually downloaded chocolate through the new plugin interface.

Chocolate is definitely installed with the main program so I'm not sure what happened here.

What if i set that option then log out, the my roommate logs in, then MBC is restarted, who is logged in automatically?  last and current (when setting option) were different.

oh snap..

i love logic games.

Did you try that and see what it says...?

trusselo

Did you try that and see what it says...?

oh sure, this time it works, back to first user...  all makes sense now.

trusselo

chocolate theme ehs > enable/disable the new, "infinite scroll" ?

there was a reason i ordered my collections, so kids movies are last, now its second, on the left side.

Edited by trusselo

trusselo

52f9343e7ff12_Untitled.png

ive never had this before the update..... i added music as #6 as i didnt want kids movies sitting there, 

Edited by trusselo

That's not new.  It has been that way for years.  You just never had enough items for it to come into play.