Subtitles out of sync

computerprep

computerprep

Searched around and couldn't find anyone else reporting this... But on Roku, my subtitles are loading early. About 5-7 seconds early on the beta app and only 1-2 seconds early on the release version. Either way, often times to disjointed for an enjoyable presentation.

Same files are playing perfectly on Android Mobile. It happens on both external and internal subtitles. Obviously not on hardcoded/burned subtitles, but I don't real like using those.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have not seen this and the app is not controlling the timing of the presentation so I'm not sure what is going on.

computerprep

I'd be happy to go into debug mode and send you some logs if you think it would help.

Later, after work, that is.

Edited by computerprep

Thanks but the app is just providing an url to the video player for the subs so unfortunately our log isn't going to tell us anything.

computerprep

I didn't think so.

I'll play around with files that transcode everything vs audio only vs 100% direct streaming, and I'll report back later.

computerprep

I really don't want to strip my personal info, domain, ports, etc. from these files. Can I PM the logs to you? EBR, you want them too?

Edit: restarted server for clean logs, streamed on Roku Beta, Roku Release, and Android Mobile.

Results:

Roku beta: subs were 8 seconds early

Roku release: 2 seconds early

Android mobile: perfect.

Edited by computerprep

You can PM them but the ffmpeg log shouldn't contain much of that.

Sounds like potentially an issue with HLS streaming...