Coverart for Home Videos

Crestj

Crestj

What does everyone use for their Home Video folder images?

For each year and year/month folder it would be great if Coverart could grab some thumbnails from the videos and add them to these images.

If this is not possible, what does everyone do?

arrbee99

Not sure if I'm actually answering your question, but I have images taken from my Home Videos already - they look like screen grabs. Maybe I'm getting confused with the folder images you mentioned and they're actually for the Home Movies themselves and not the folders they're in ?

Anyway, I also experimented with a few DIY images for Photos, just knocked up in Picasa......think they're saved as folder.jpg in the relevant folder. I guess you can do the same for Movies....

58c5b307a9149_ETPhotoCovers.jpg

Crestj

Yeah I thought about using manual screen grabs and saving folder.jpg files but wanted something more automated.

Crestj

All I see is this:

58c683b25c4f0_Capture.jpg

and this:

58c683c740e2e_Capture1.jpg

But if only 1 video exists in the folder a screen grab of the video appears as the folder image.

Is there any way this could be done even if more than 1 video exists in a folder?

• 1 month later...
Allan Cameron

All I see is this:

58c683b25c4f0_Capture.jpg

and this:

58c683c740e2e_Capture1.jpg

But if only 1 video exists in the folder a screen grab of the video appears as the folder image.

Is there any way this could be done even if more than 1 video exists in a folder?

I use my custom poster.jpg in each year folder and that gives me cover art

58f33f523b14a_Capture.png

Then in each year folder where the videos are i have cover art using poster.jpg and fanart.jpg in each folder with the video.

58f33f9c3b076_Capture2.png

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Crestj

Thanks but I was hoping for an automated approach rather than having to create lots of images myself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Allan Cameron

There are plenty of thumbnail generator apps that will generate thumbnails automatically from each video which can be used as posters. No matter what method you use there still going to be some amount of work. If you want your home video library to look good as mine does it is most definitely worth some effort.

• Like 1