Music Video

Luke

Fyi there is a new item type, MusicVideo.

It's basically identical to Movie. In the web client I'm integrating them into the music view.

swhitmore

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

oh yes

MrWebsmith

luke, bs'ing around in the supporter ct chat.. Deihmos, an xbmc user trying to convert it seems, mentioned that he believes xbmc uses "theaudiodb.com" as a source for fetching info/images for music videos.. i havent scouted it out at all yet, but thought id post it just as an FYI

MrWebsmith

playing around with this and its working great.. also using the built-in web editing/refreshing to fix them up a bit without putting them into metab... nice stuff

i *think* this is by-design but one of my concert films is 2 x dvd9 so its a top folder and \disc1 and \disc2 under it with the audio/video_ts folders under each... the web client, with or without an additional [mv] tag on the parent concert folder, sees these as 2 separate items/titles.. called disc1 and disc2... not the parent folder of Crossroads Festival etcetc...

does this fall under the umbrella of no-longer supporting multi-discs/multi-file items overall in mb3?

multi-file file movies is something we chose to give up based on time and effort required, and the impact it has on every layer of the application. Now that the server is built, there could be some possibility to bring it back as a second class citizen of sorts, basically just allowing them to be visually grouped but without the relationship. But we're not going to force the whole stack to be multi-file aware, no way. The impact is too great on streaming, user data, media info, etc, etc.

One possible workaround is to make the second part a special feature.

Tikuf

Crossroads Festival - Disc 1

Crossroads Festival - Disc 2

Would fix it wouldn't it?

Does [boxset] work on music video?

Grouping as a boxset won't stop the core from seeing them as separate titles.

MrWebsmith

yea boxset tag didnt help, but im going the other route you suggest tikuf, and just letting it be 2 titles and removing that extra layer that its ignoring.. this is fine..and ill just copy the meta/images over

Good day Luke,

Fully understand the issue regarding multi-part movies, the problem, old dvd's, it have a lots in my collections that are 2 parts, the main problem are now, I have no times as before to join these 2 dvd's to one.

Regarding special folder, till you the truth, never understand the usage fully of it, if part 2 for the dvd shift there, then what we do with the rest of the dvd specials?

My best

Actually specials don't currently support folder rips, so that's out.

I think at some point later we could bring them back, but listed on detail pages as something like Additional Parts. A second class citizen I think is the best compromise. That means no combined media info, user data, chapters, etc, but you still get them grouped together under one item. For the tiny number of people this would target, I think that would be fine.

Well done Luke!

You know buddy, I know, one day, MB3 will fill everyone need and then some, but will not stop me from giving you hard time post from time to time tho :)

Keep the great work going, well done as always.