Emby Server - Live TV Channel Selection

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

Now that legacy HDHomerun tuners have been added.  It would be nice to have a feature where you could select what channels you want to display on Live TV and in the Guide.

It seems that you can do this in newer hardware using the "favorites" function, but not with older Silicondust hardware.

• Like 3

kanipek

Yes this would be a great thing to have!

I would be happy to to just be able to hide those channels which would never be used from the guide for now. After Live TV Channels leaves the experimental stage it would be helpful for that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Now that legacy HDHomerun tuners have been added. It would be nice to have a feature where you could select what channels you want to display on Live TV and in the Guide.

It seems that you can do this in newer hardware using the "favorites" function, but not with older Silicondust hardware.

Same goes for m3u tuners

Jdiesel

What I did to hide channels I do not use it add a tag to channels I don't want and then add a rule under the parental controls to block them.

For example. I added the tag "LiveTV_News" to all the news channels then under my parental controls I blocked the tag "LiveTV_News". I added tags to all my channels ( news, sports, kids, music, etc). This way I was also able to show only the kids channels under my kids user account by blocking everything but the kids channels.

• Like 4

Spaceboy

True, but that's pretty tedious for 1000+ channels. Plus we need to be able to rename, renumber, reorder channels and combine same channels from different sources, prioritise sources etc before this can be considered complete

BAlGaInTl

What I did to hide channels I do not use it add a tag to channels I don't want and then add a rule under the parental controls to block them.

For example. I added the tag "LiveTV_News" to all the news channels then under my parental controls I blocked the tag "LiveTV_News". I added tags to all my channels ( news, sports, kids, music, etc). This way I was also able to show only the kids channels under my kids user account by blocking everything but the kids channels.

I may have to try this.

I don't have a lot of channels, and I would just like to hide the crap ones.