Emby WMC login problem after server update

stwarr

stwarr

After updating my Emby server to v3.2.5.0, the Emby for WMC client now always requires that I enter a PIN code on startup even though I'm not using the 'Easy PIN code' login method, and so I can never get past the login screen. Things I've tried:

1) if I enable a PIN code on the server, I can use that code to get past the WMC login screen, but there is no option for Emby for WMC to remember this code and so I have to type it every time (painful on a IR remote!). If I disable the easy PIN option again, then I still get the PIN login screen in WMC, but my previous PIN no longer works - ie. there is no valid PIN and no way to actually start Emby for WMC.

2) if I remove the user password on the server, then no PIN is required and Emby for WMC goes straight to the home screen. However my Emby server is externally visible through my firewall and so running without user passwords is not an option.

Is this a bug that has been exposed by the server update, or is there some other option that I'm missing?

MB-Classic 3.0.307.0.

Server Version 3.2.5.0

Sounds like maybe you have a saved password that is no longer valid.

Try setting the config option on the first page to "Show Profile Screen".  Then log in with proper credentials.  Then set the option back how you want it.

stwarr

Oh wow, you are correct that my saved credentials seem to have got corrupted. I had tried creating a new user to test this and kept getting a 'enter security PIN' prompt, but actually that also means 'enter password'. Very confusing, but it's all working now - thankyou!

Edited by stwarr