Emby Docker Shares

screwfaze

screwfaze

Hi,

I have installed Freenas 10 and Emby Server Docker container but can figure out how to get my windows shares mapped to the Server. I have another machine running Windows with Media I would like to add to Emby but I have not found a way to do this. Can anyone help any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

screwfaze

When I go to add the Library tried Network and nothing comes up. I dont know how to map the windows share to Docker basically.

Thanks

Have you made sure that the Docker container has access to the paths you want to add?

screwfaze

Hi,

You can close this I setup an Ubuntu server VM on freenas instead and got all my shares mapped now.

Thanks

mguebert

I got this working through some trial and error. You cannot browse for Windows network shares. You will need to enter the UNC paths manually like //myserverip/share

Thanks for the update, and yes this is true. The mono runtime does not support windows shares.

• 3 weeks later...
OmegaWulf

Hey guys, I'm having this same issue but can't get it to work.  I'm running Emby on Docker in a swarm on Linux.  I'm able to open the Emby web app to configure but can't add any libraries (I guess technically I can add the library, but when I click "OK" I get an error saying there was an error accessing the media path).  All my stuff is on a Windows 2012 server. I tried //myserverip/share but that didn't work.   I'm guessing it is because there's no way to enter credentials in the Emby web interface to access a Windows share?  If that's true, then how does Emby installed on Windows work for access shares?

I'm confused, can someone help me out?