Playback Issues

proost

proost

Hello-

I recently moved from EmbyforWMC/WIN7 to Theater/Win10. I started with fresh installs of everything and current drivers from windows update. Two machines are playing back everything perfectly. The third is having issues with playback. It seems the higher res the file is the worse is it is, It varies from slight audio sync issues, and a several second video delay when skipping forward and back to it breaking up and huge video/audio sync issue. It is the worst with 1080p HEVC files. I attached a server log for the time period that I played and had issues with a couple files including a 1080P HEVC Game of Thrones. 

Here are the system specs if that matters:

Client(Bedroom) having issues:

Celeron E3400

GT 610

Server(Livingroom) plays back beautifully

Phenom II X4 840

GT 630

Client that plays back beautifully

Athlon II X4 605e

GT 430

I hope it s not just that the machine is old and slow.....I never had any playback issue like this with Emby for WMC so I do not know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any help ideas to troubleshoot this. 

Server log .txt

Edited by proost

proost

I am pretty sure that this is an Emby issue since the files play fine in VLC or MPC. Can someone please point in the direction of troubleshooting or resolving this? 

I am a little disappointed that I went from free(emby 4 WMC) to paid (premiere) and am I having issues. 

Thanks in advance for anyones help!

Edited by proost

Hi, try installing the latest version of Emby Theater from the website, then also go into video settings and make sure the Renderer is set to Auto. Thanks !

proost

Hi, try installing the latest version of Emby Theater from the website, then also go into video settings and make sure the Renderer is set to Auto. Thanks !

Thank you very much for the response! I uninstalled and re-installed Theater from the website and made sure the the rednderer was set to auto. It is still having issues. In fact it is has issues all over Emby theater, playback and between menus, etc. I will try again tonight, anything else I should look at?

Thank you!

proost

Well, still having the issues after a un-install and re-install. renderer is set to auto. Any other suggestions?