Hauppauge QuadHD DVB-T issues

millsii

millsii

Hi,

Let me start off with that this is not to do with Emby, but I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

This week I changed out our Leadtek DT2000 for a Hauppauge QuadHD. All seemed to be fine with it working without issue within the WinTV 8 program. It still works without issue within WinTV.

The card presented fine within Mediaportal and tuned all the channels. However, when playing channels there is intermittent pixellation. First I thought this was to do with Emby transcoding, but no, it also occurs within the native Mediaportal. The tuning details within MediaPortal show near 100% quality, but near 0% signal quality.

I thought based on that there was a low signal issue due to the 4 tuners, so I purchased an amplifier. This did not change the signal percentage reported in MediaPortal.

So I tried Windows Media Center thinking I could use ServerWMC with Emby as I had originally done when I first installed Emby. The tuners are recognised just fine, but when tuning, the best I have been able to achieve is recognising a single channel. All other tuning attempts did not recognise any channels.

I have now tried NextPVR, which same as MediaPortal tuned all channels and recognised all 4 tuners. However, the same pixellation occurs, both within the native program and subsequently within Emby. NextPVR does tune channels very fast though, pretty much on par with the WinTV program.

I have attached a sample transcoding log from Emby, which indicates there are video stream issues and from the timings they seem to correlate when pixellation occurs.

Again, I know this is not an Emby problem, but hoping someone might have some advise. Searching Google/NextPVR/MediaPortal forums does not provide any answers.

Cheers!

Hauppauge live tv transcoding example.txt

millsii

Just an update for anyone that may experience the same issue. I have found that DVBLink and DVBviewer work without issue. Both of them have no visible pixilation. Have confirmed this with the tuning stats showing no discontinuities or errors on both programs. They both also show high quality and signal status for all channels.

Whereas with MediaPortal in the TV Server config when manually tuning a channel, the signal shows as 0 and the discontinuities add up rather quickly.

Since the DVBLink trial gives full usage, it allowed me to test with the Emby plugin as a final confirmation. All transcoding logs do not report any errors, so all appears to work well  :)

So, not sure why Windows Media Centre (could not tune any channels), Media Portal and NextPVR are having issues?