Android TV - Background, Show Title & Duration not showing in dashboard

rbjtech
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

rbjtech

Hi,

All of my Android Tv devices do not show the background graphic / show title being played and also the duration is missing.  All other device types appear to be fine.

The media content is played fine, so a minor thing but any ideas why this is ?

I can post a log if required - Thanks.

58c1ca867e02c_EmbyAmazonFireTVProblem.pn

CBers

Now you say it I'm seeing the lack of a background during playback in the dashboard as well.

• Like 1

jaspalgill

I noticed this quite recently too but put it down to my TV (Sony) being upgraded to Android 6 recently, just glad it isn't just me or my TV :)

• Like 1

mastrmind11

Yeah, now that you mention it, I am also experiencing this since the last update. 

• Like 1

I think there was a change in a common library the app uses that I didn't notice.  I'll have to take a look.  Thanks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
omerome

I hate to bring this up again, but I am having this issue right now. It does properly show the duration on the program, but the background is simply gray.

It's only happening to my Shield TV device. All of the other devices like on my Android phone and Roku are displaying the background as intended.

Emby Server version: 3.2.20.0

Shield TV version: 1.4.17g (Registered)

Edited by omerome

maegibbons

Still dont see backround in 3.2.23.1 with beta 1.4.21a.

Krs

Mark

omerome

Try updating your Emby Server.

After updating the server to Version 3.2.24.0, instead of a gray background on my NVIDIA Shield, it is now white. Still no actual backdrop of the video I am watching like on my Roku device or on my Android phone.

CBers

After updating the server to Version 3.2.24.0, instead of a gray background on my NVIDIA Shield, it is now white. Still no actual backdrop of the video I am watching like on my Roku device or on my Android phone.

Agreed.

post-36-0-74874100-1500025746_thumb.jpg

maegibbons

Yes still broken and version oscillates between 1.3.35a and 1.4.23a

Krs

Mark

CBers

Yes still broken and version oscillates between 1.3.35a and 1.4.23a

I think that is a server bug, as I've seen reports for the same against the ATV, Ember and Roku apps to name 3.

• 3 months later...
rbjtech

Any updates to this Android/FireTV issue guys - I agree it's not a major issue but spoils the Dashboard look, especially when you have a lot of FireTV devices ...

Thanks.

rbjtech

Thanks - that appears to be my issue - as I am on v1.4.51a - but how do I get the latest release from the Amazon App store ?

I have tried deleting and re-loading from the Amazon App store but I just get v1.4.51a again ?

Very sorry.  This particular fix hasn't made it out to Amazon yet.  It will with the next release.

• Like 1