Server 3.2.5 - Next Up missing...

Koleckai Silvestri

By default, unless you've changed your sections, Next Up will display as the third section on the Home tab.

If you think we should remove Next Up from the configurable sections and make it a tab again then that is a possibility, but I think having both is a little redundant.

Koleckai Silvestri

Shouldn't that be the user's choice since you allow them to configure what shows on that page? This is another change just for the sake of change. It doesn't add anything useful to the software only makes things more frustrating.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

It is the user's choice in the vertical layout of the first tab. Yes I think having configuration for all of the tabs would be a good idea as well.

Koleckai Silvestri

The Next Up tab is more useful than the other tabs. The problem with the "Next Up" section is it only shows a small portion of what is Next Up. It is arbitrarily limited to 8 Items. However, the "Next Up" tab showed a lot more so I could decide to continue watching a series that I haven't touched for several months.  Of course, we can't have an option to decide how many items to show per section on the home page. Next Up should be something like 40 items.

Now there are additional clicks to get to Latest in the TV section instead of a single click. Especially since we cannot bookmark individual pages as the address is not updated for the browser and the history object isn't used properly. 

• Like 1

bfir3

So if the user prefers to not have the Next Up section on the homepage, they now have no way to access Next Up at all? Or they have to navigate to the TV library section first and then access it from there? Extra clicks, extra clicks. Also, Upcoming is a way less useful tab than Next Up is, but it gets to stay in the nav bar? So lucky.

Upcoming has multiple categories, as does favorites. It's not really as easy to make them part of the first tab.

bfir3

Upcoming has multiple categories, as does favorites. It's not really as easy to make them part of the first tab.

Who would want those on the first tab anyway? You completely missed my point, and that was that I feel like Next Up is a more useful and used page/view than Upcoming or Favorites. Though for some reason, Next Up doesn't get it's own tab but the other two do.

As others have stated, having Next Up on the homepage is not very helpful. More often than not a user will have more Next Up shows than the home screen will display because of the item display limitation. If a user wants to see all of their Next Up shows, the only practical way to achieve that is with its own individual tab.

Happy2Play

But which was faster?  Oh they are all the same.

Click "Next-Up" Tab to go to TV-Suggestions

OR

Click "TV" to go to TV-Suggestions

OR

Home Screen "Next-Up" section more to go to TV-Suggestions

Edited by Happy2Play

Koleckai Silvestri

Have to click on TV - Latest to get the same view I had on Next Up Before. Suggestions doesn't show everything. It is extra clicks and a feature removed for no functional reason.

Just another straw on the camel's back. Like removing the ability to pause video by tapping the screen or pressing the space bar.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Just another straw on the camel's back. Like removing the ability to pause video by tapping the screen or pressing the space bar.

That was not removed. There might be a certain situation in which it doesn't work, and I will keep looking for that, but in my testing works just fine.

Koleckai Silvestri

I told you why it doesn't work... 

Play a video. 

Switch to a window on another monitor.

Switch back to the browser window playing the video.

Press Space... nothing happens.

You simply don't care about fixing it.

In my testing I am able to pause with those reproduction steps, but I will keep looking for the answer.

Happy2Play

Have to click on TV - Latest to get the same view I had on Next Up Before. Suggestions doesn't show everything. It is extra clicks and a feature removed for no functional reason.

Next-up tab has never shown all unwatched series (latest at least for me), so I still had to click latest with you clicked next-up.

MrWebsmith

vote here for the next up "tab" to return.. i found it useful on the main home bar...sigh