Live TV requires an external provider for Guide Data?

JoshFink

Riboflavin

Ok, I'm not quite an expert with zap2xml. @@Sammy, @@Teddy, or @@Latchmor may have some tips about that. Thanks !

Thanks, but I'm a dope.  I was running the exe instead of the bat file.  Now that my brain is functioning properly, everything appears to be working just fine and my LiveTV section looks good.

Thanks again!

Sammy

Ok, I'm not quite an expert with zap2xml. @@Sammy, @@Teddy, or @@Latchmor may have some tips about that. Thanks !

Sorry. I just saw this. I use ServerWMC and not Zap2xml. If I were to use an xmltv file I'd use one generated by epg123 though. There's a toggle to create it or not create it and you can tell it where to write it. Then tell Emby where to find it and you're golden.

• Like 1

Riboflavin

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry. I just saw this. I use ServerWMC and not Zap2xml. If I were to use an xmltv file I'd use one generated by epg123 though. There's a toggle to create it or not create it and you can tell it where to write it. Then tell Emby where to find it and you're golden.

Thankfully my overpriced mouse has recently started registering single clicks as double clicks, otherwise I might still be troubleshooting this "faulty" exe. 

I'll take a look at epg123 anyways, thanks!

One more thing OT/unrelated and I'm done - just came back from Plex and couldn't be happier, especially now that LiveTV is up and running.  Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Sammy

IDK if you realize or not, scraping Zap2It, which is part of Gracenote, is a violation of their ToS but that not being too much of a concern, I think that the Schedules Direct Data has over a week more listings in it than is shown on Zap2It. For me it isn't really a huge deal to put out $2.67 a month for quality guide data.

Riboflavin

IDK if you realize or not, scraping Zap2It, which is part of Gracenote, is a violation of their ToS but that not being too much of a concern, I think that the Schedules Direct Data has over a week more listings in it than is shown on Zap2It. For me it isn't really a huge deal to put out $2.67 a month for quality guide data.

I appreciate the heads-up, I had no idea.  What about scraping TVGuide? 

I feel zap2it could be a little cleaner, and will probably just end up paying for Schedules Direct.

What about scraping TVGuide? 

"Scraping" anything off a web page is basically stealing it in the U.S.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
troyhough

It would be nice if Emby had a free/easy option by default (like Plex). I am just now trying out Emby coming from Plex. Pretty impressed thus far!

mastrmind11

It would be nice if Emby had a free/easy option by default (like Plex). I am just now trying out Emby coming from Plex. Pretty impressed thus far!

$2/mo for Schedules Direct is basically free, and the integration w/ Emby is literally point and click.  Well worth it.