Delete and disable People metadata

stev

Hello,

I'm a new Emby user and would like to know if it's possible to delete and disable the People metadata.  It's taking up more than half of my install folder and I'm not interested in the data.  

Is there an option in the Emby interface or can I just delete the AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People folder?

Many thanks.

Happy2Play

You can stop getting images and metadata for the cast and crew but you can not stop Emby for getting the case and crew in the medias metadata.  So you will see place holders for the actors with no information.

Dashboard-Library-Metadata-drop-down People uncheck all the options and images

• 8 months later...

Sorry, for picking up this old topic but it fits perfectly into my thoughts.

I want Emby to download some artwork/metadata so that it looks nice in Kodi but I do not want it to download the information about the crew (eg actors pics).

Is this possibly?

Unfortunately, I can only find a option to deactivate completely the artwork/metadata.

€dit: I don't think it matters but I am using Linux instead of Windows.

Edited by neik

We don't have explicit settings for this, but you'll probably be glad to hear that people metadata is not downloaded until you actually click on a person. The only thing that is downloaded ahead of time is the person image so that we can display it on the movie detail screen.

@@Luke, thank you for the information.

I mean it's a pretty nice feature but I am just using Kodi + EmbyCon and afaik with this combination I am not able to use it.

As always awesome support, Luke!

• 5 months later...
shpitz461

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can People be eliminated as a global setting? Or do i need to go to each movie one-by-one using Metadata Manager and uncheck People in each movie?

We don't currently have a setting for this, so yes you'd have to edit metadata.

Happy2Play

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can People be eliminated as a global setting? Or do i need to go to each movie one-by-one using Metadata Manager and uncheck People in each movie?

Or use something like Notepad ++ to edit all metadata files in one shot for existing metadata.  But you would still have the issue when adding new media and have to do this process again.

Similar  to this.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26604-help-with-changing-the-date-added-value/?p=258960

shpitz461

Pretty cool, nice tip!

Related question: Can I add the filename and path to the movie info page (underneath the Play button or something...).

Thanks!

Happy2Play

Pretty cool, nice tip!

Related question: Can I add the filename and path to the movie info page (underneath the Play button or something...).

Thanks!

It already appears at the bottom of the page in media info, correct?

shpitz461

It already appears at the bottom of the page in media info, correct?

Oh yeah haha, but is there a way I can place it at the top somewhere?